Chapter Four

B E L L A M Y

Unfortunately, Katy was still here the next morning.

I thanked the lord that I didn't hear whatever they were up to at night, even though I doubted it would've been worse than Noah's little...play date the day before.

Sitting at the dining table, I was eating my cereal when said playboy came down the stairs.

"Good mor—oh, it's you," he said, avoiding my eyes and going straight for the fridge.

I ignored him, shoving my breakfast quicker into my mouth, hopefully able to leave as soon as possible. There was a constant tension in the air whenever we were in the same room, and it gave me the feeling I could attack him at any moment.

"Good morning!" Isaac beamed as he came down too, Katy following close behind.

I scowled at her perfectly put together look, especially this early in the morning, and gave the couple a quick nod.

"I have to go, boo," Katy cooed, pecking Isaac on the cheek before she went to grab her bag. Thank God.

"See you tomorrow, baby," Isaac smiled back, and I tried not to throw my breakfast back up.

I watched Katy strut to the front door, giving my brother a final wink before she left, the sound of the door closing behind her lifting my mood instantly. Isaac ran a hand through his dark blonde hair, turning with a smile.

"Question," I started, placing my spoon in my bowl and folding my hands together on the table. "Why haven't you guys moved in with each other yet?"

There was no way that I wanted her to live in the same house as me, or even the same street, but they'd been together for a while, and at twenty-nine, it seemed like the most logical move for the couple.

"Shut up, Goldilocks." Noah kicked my chair, startling me, and I scowled at him. Dickhead.

Isaac had been too busy with his own breakfast to see his friend's action, and he replied. "She's not ready."

I looked at him with raised brows as he sipped his coffee, but didn't really feel like taking the conversation any further.

She wasn't ready? More like something else was going on. My brother definitely deserved better than that bitch.

"What are you doing today, Noah?" he asked, changing the subject.

"I'm hanging out with Sebastian," Noah replied, sinking into a seat at the table and taking a massive bite of his sandwich. The muscles in his arms flexed as he held it with both hands, his tan, tattooed skin begging me to be....

I rolled my eyes, grabbing my—now empty—bowl, and turned to the kitchen. Just as I was about to open the dishwasher, Isaac spoke again.

"You're still on probation, right?"

I froze in place, frowning slightly.

Noah had been to prison? I must've heard that wrong.

"I know, I know," he replied, like Isaac didn't just drop a freaking bomb. "I told him I would kick his ass if he brought his shit."

I faced Noah, narrowing my eyes at him. He looked back and raised his brows while still managing to contain his ever lasting scowl, daring me to say something.

"You went to prison," I stated, giving him a judgmental once over and cocking a brow. I ignored Isaac's sigh, keeping my eyes on the guy in front of me as he jumped up, shooting daggers at me. I would be scared if there wasn't a table between us.