Chapter Thirty-Four

B E L L A M Y

"I'm...sorry," Noah forced out, keeping his gaze on me. The look in his eyes made me uneasy, and I wrapped my arms around myself as Sebastian's buddies stopped approaching me.

"That's more like it," Sebastian said, letting Noah go and pretending to wipe the dust from his shoulders. "We'll talk next week, enjoy the weekend."

The way he smiled at me made me physically sick—I mean, more than I already was—and I held my breath as he slowly walked past me, looking me up and down before he disappeared.

"Noah?" I whispered, unsure about what he was thinking at that moment. He didn't speak, though.

Keeping his lips firmly pressed together, he turned and walked back in the direction of his car. I guess he wanted to get home soon. Maybe because he didn't want to be near me much longer? But what changed? Did he know?

The ride home was uncomfortable, to say the least.

I considered starting conversation back up again numerous times, but I couldn't think of anything worth saying.

So, when we arrived at the house, I just rushed out of the car. Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes, and somehow I felt utterly rejected.

I had hoped that Isaac would be home, but alas, he left a note that he was staying at Kelly's.

The sound of the front door closing was muffled as I sped into my bedroom, taking deep breaths and attempting to freaking control myself.

Just as I was about to let myself fall back onto my bed—possibly falling asleep right there and then—my door opened.

"Bellamy?"

I turned to face him, my brows furrowed. Maybe it was best to just get straight to the point and ask. "Did I do something wrong?"

But Noah didn't answer. He had a question of his own.

"Are...are you pregnant?" he asked, watching me with wide eyes.

I nodded softly, wrapping my arms around myself as I waited for his reaction. "Are you mad?"

He ran his hands over his face, turning away from me before quickly facing me again. "Mad?" He kneeled in front of me, placing his hands on my waist and resting his forehead on my stomach. "I'm having a baby with the girl of my dreams."

It felt like there was a huge weight lifted off me, and I almost fainted in relief.

"You..." I trailed off, not quite believe his reaction as I looked down at him. "You're happy?"

He stood up, taking my face in his hands. "Bellamy, the timing isn't the best and we have a lot to sort out, but yes. I am happy."

I blushed, attempting to look at my feet, but Noah kept my head up. He softly kissed me and I sighed, wrapping my arms around him.

Something wet fell on my face, and for a second I thought I was having another nosebleed, but no. Noah was crying.

"Don't be sad," I whispered, pulling back and wiping a stray tear from his cheek.

He turned and sat on my bed, cradling his face in his hands. "Oh my god. I don't know if I can be a dad," he said, jumpstarting the doubt and fear inside me once again.