Chapter Thirty-Five

B E L L A M Y

It was hard to forget my little outburst from that morning when I arrived at work, and as the day went by, I couldn't get it out of my mind.

Would Isaac tell Noah I was the one who told him? And if not, he would immediately know anyway, so either way—I'm fucked.

"Is the walk home not too far?" Kelly asked, and Reed—who was about to take over from me—gave her a questioning look.

"I'll be fine," I replied, ignoring the worried looks of my co-workers and packing my bag.

Kelly was about to say something else, but I was already halfway out of the shop.

She had quickly become one of my closest friends, but keeping her mouth shut wasn't one of her talents.

I carefully opened the front door when I came home, scared to see Noah. Did Isaac already say something? He and Kelly really deserved each other with the way they couldn't just keep stuff to themselves.

The living room was empty, and I sighed in relief. Maybe everything was fine.

I decided to go upstairs and lay in bed for a minute, exhaustion getting the better of me.

Before I could let myself fall onto the sheets, someone called out my name from across the hall. Correction; Noah did.

Here we go.

"Bellamy?" he spoke again, following me into my room and grabbing me by my waist. He twirled me around until I landed against his chest, and he pressed his lips on mine.

I think it was safe to say that Isaac didn't tell Noah anything—yet, but I couldn't keep it from him anyway. I made a mistake and I should own up to it.

"Noah..." I trialed off, carefully pushing him off.

"Yes?"

I guided him to the bed and started pacing in front of him, wondering what would be the best way to do this.

"I need to tell you something," I said, stopping in place to prevent myself from getting dizzy.

He leaned back on his hands and watched me as I chewed on my bottom lip.

"Is it bad?" he asked, and I nodded slowly. Betraying someone's trust is one of the worst things you could do. "I'm sure it's not."

I let out a breath, tucking strands of hair behind my ear as I looked at my feet. "I accidentally told Isaac about your...your past."

My eyes slowly moved to Noah's face, which didn't show me any sign of what he was thinking.

Oh, god. He was probably fuming.

"You did what?" he whispered, his eyes widened slightly as he stared up at me.

"It slipped out."

I gasped when he suddenly jumped up—his face definitely looking angry right now—and stormed out of my room.

My entire body was shaking and a cold shiver went down my spine. The thought that I had driven him away crept up on me and I felt tears burning behind my eyes.

"You sure make me cry a lot, little one," I mumbled, caressing a hand over my stomach. Or maybe I just made myself cry a lot.

I wasn't sure what to do next. Noah had slammed his door behind him when he disappeared in his room, and I debated going after him.

Did he need a second to himself? Or was this the moment I was supposed to follow him and beg for forgiveness?

Guilt almost crushed me as I sunk onto the edge of my bed, just where Noah sat a couple of minutes earlier. Was I going to be scared little Bellamy from years ago? Or was I going to woman up and face the music?