Chapter Twenty-One

B E L L A M Y

"I think I'm going home," I told Isaac about an hour later.

I needed a -cold- shower, and comfy clothes. Or just to be alone. Either way, it was time to go.

"Ok, hold on," he replied, beckoning someone over the crowd.

I clenched my teeth when Noah walked up to us. I really couldn't seem to avoid this guy, could I?

"What's up?" he asked when he reached us, looking a little soberer than before, when he—

"You were ready to go home, right?" Isaac asked him, and I closed my eyes. It was obvious where this was going. Especially when Noah nodded. "Can you walk with Bella? It's not that far but it's dark as fuck."

Noah looked at me, his eyes roaming my face before he answered. "Sure."

I rolled my eyes, quickly pecking Isaac on the cheek before I walked away, in the direction of home.

Noah followed me, staying about six feet behind, but I gave him no opportunity to catch up.

"Bellamy, I'm sorry," he said when he closed the front door behind him, flicking on the lights in the living room.

"I don't care," I snapped, feeling tired and most of all; done with Noah's confusing ways for tonight.

I jumped when he moved in front of me, blocking my way up the stairs. "Bellamy..."

"What, huh? Want to mess with me a little more?" I said, crossing my arms. He seemed surprised by my question, watching me with a frown.

"Well? What's your deal?"

Noah scoffed, running a hand through his hair. "I don't—"

"You don't what?"

He sighed, thinking about providing me with whatever bullshit answer he was going to come up with, before he decided against it, and went upstairs.

But I wasn't done yet.

I sprinted after him, catching him in the hall.

"Don't walk away from me," I exclaimed, stomping my foot down like a little kid. "Why do you always do that?"

I jumped when he swiftly turned around, storming at me before grabbing me by my throat and pushing me against the wall behind me.

"Because every time we fight, every time we argue, and every time you make me angry," he hissed, my heart thumping for dear life underneath his fingers as he brought his face closer to mine. "I fantasize what it would be like to fuck that attitude out of you."

My eyes widened as I stared into his, realizing what he just said. And that it was exactly what I secretly wanted to do every time. Especially lately.

"Then...do it," I breathed out, tilting my chin up.

He didn't hold back as he crashed his lips on mine, pushing his body against me as he explored my mouth.

Only then, did I realize how much I had missed the feel of his soft lips on mine, how his hands explored me, leaving not a single inch of me untouched.

"Noah," I moaned, grabbing a fistful of his hair and pulling him further in.

He grabbed me by the back of my legs, pulling me up and around his waist, before he turned and carried me to his bedroom.

I didn't resist. Hell no.

Maybe it was the alcohol talking. Maybe it was the tension between us that had been begging to get taken care of, but I couldn't let go.