Chapter 19

It's a month since Misha has seen Namjoon and the guys. To be fair both parties have been busy with work; the guys are in the process of preparing for their upcoming comeback and Misha has been getting a lot of graphic design gigs. Her mind would often wonder about the guys and what they said before she left their place. If they didn't want to be her friend, they wouldn't have offered in the first place. She really did miss the guys especially Joonie. Namjoon did message her but she didn't respond. She felt kind of weird messaging them since everything is back to normal now. Namjoon turning back into his human form really silicified that notion in Misha's mind. In midst of working, Misha decided to get some therapy sessions. Her anxiety and insomnia have been acting up more lately. She tries to cut down her caffeine intake and go for morning jobs to help her but something has been eating at her since the incident. Around lunchtime, Misha had a scheduled session with her therapist Dr. Lina Bae. Her therapist's office was not too far from where she lived. It only took about twenty minutes roughly by car.

"Hi Misha, how are you doing today?" asked Dr. Bae

"I'm doing okay I guess. I've been very busy with work which I'm grateful for. Um, I haven't been sleeping very well lately. I've been on top of taking my medication daily, reducing my caffeine intake which is a big deal for me cause I love drinking coffee and I have been trying to go for jogs to stay active," explained Misha

" That's good! You mentioned in the last session together that a change occurred. Can you elaborate more on that?" asked Dr.Bae

"Well last month, I adopted a dog from an animal shelter. His name was Joonie. He was a Labrador Retriever. He was so sweet, playful, but clumsy. He was so precious to me. He followed me everywhere I go. We would go on walks to the park, play fetch, watch movies and take naps together. As crazy as it sounds, I would talk to him especially when I would have trouble sleeping at night. It would be like he understands what I was saying sometimes. He even senses when I was having panic attacks and tries to comfort me. I didn't feel alone having him by my side." explained Misha lowering her head.

Misha couldn't help the tears from streaming down her face. Dr. Bae handed her a tissue. Misha took it and thanked her.

"I assume that Joonie is no longer with you, am I correct?" questioned Dr. Bae

Misha nodded.

" Getting over the loss of a loved one takes time. The process should not be rushed if you want to properly heal. It's good to dwell on the joyful memories of that individual. Be patient with yourself and show yourself some grace, Misha." smiled Dr. Bae

After forty minutes, Misha left Dr.Bae's office and headed to the bus stop. While walking, Misha received a new kakao message from Namjoon. Misha unlocked her phone and opened the message notification.

New Message From Joonie:

Hey Mimi,

How are you today?

I finished your poetry book. It was really good. I read it in your voice in mind lol.

Also, I framed the picture of us. It's now resting on my desk inside my studio.

Don't be afraid to call or text back.  I know you are probably busy with work. Don't overwork yourself! Hopefully, we could go for a bike ride sooner or later. 😊

Misha smiled and blushed at the comment of Namjoon imagining her reading to him. Which she did often but it felt surreal.

Not long did the bus came and Misha was on her way home. She pondered back and forth on whether she should message Namjoon back. She didn't want to sound stupid. Why was she so nervous to talk to him now? She wasn't when he was a dog. Misha sighed and opened Kakao to message Joonie. As Misha was typing in her message, an incoming call was coming through.

"Hello," answered Misha

"Hello Misha, how are you? It's James. Are you free this Friday to assist me with the BTS photoshoot?" asked James

Thanks for Reading!💜