Chapter 42

No one was prepared for what was to come when they landed in South Korea. All that Namjoon and Misha could see through their dark shades were the flashing lights of the paparazzi's cameras and camera phones. The six bodyguards were escorting the young couple to their ride outside the Incheon Airport. On the outside, Misha looked really calm, cool, and collected but on the side, the anxiety was building tremendously. 

Just a few more steps, Misha, Just a few more steps.

 Misha was interrupted from her thoughts when she felt Namjoon gently holding her hand. Misha continues to look forward. The noise from the paparazzi intensified as they saw the physical interaction:

"Namjoon-ah, how long have you been dating?"

"Namjoon-ah, where did you two meet?"

"Namjoon-ah, is that why you disappeared a couple of months ago?"

Misha clenched her jaw when she heard the last statement being said. Before they can exit the airport lobby,  a camera phone was shoved right into Misha's face by a young woman. The bodyguard on Misha's side quickly shoved the woman back. Namjoon and Misha quickly got into their ride and the driver drove off speedily.

Namjoon sighed in relief while removing his shades. Misha tried her best to stop the tears streaming down her face. She kept her shade on and turned to look outside the window. She tried to steady her breath as Namjoon rubbed her back. Half an hour into their ride, Misha fell asleep. Namjoon took off his jacket and covered his girlfriend. He took out his phone and notified the members about their whereabouts. He told them that they will be heading to his apartment. Before locking his lock screen, Namjoon got a message from his manager stating that they will be a meeting at the company about making a public statement. 

Namjoon sighed and rubbed his temples with his fingertips. 

"Joonie?" Misha mumbled

"Hmmm," Namjoon answered

Misha turned toward Namjoon and rested her head on his shoulder. Namjoon wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer. "We're almost home."

**

Three bodyguards from the airport escorted the couple into Namjoon's apartment. Namjoon helped to take off Misha's leather jacket and placed a wall hook near the door. Misha took off her sunglasses and took a good look at the living room and dining room. The rooms were painted and decorated in neutral earth tones and art pieces. An abundance of lights beamed through the large-scaled windows. Misha walked over to the window and looked out the high view of the city line.

Namjoon wheeled his and Misha's suitcase into the bedroom. Namjoon went into his closet and pulled out two pairs of shorts and T-shirts laying them down on the bed. Misha walked into the room and lean again the door frame. 

Namjoon walked up and rubbed the sides of Misha's shoulders. " Wanna take shower together or alone?"

"Together," Misha replied

After showering, Namjoon ordered some takeout and enjoyed their meal on the couch while watching a movie. They both put their phones on do not disturb to silences the messages and notifications popping every five minutes. Misha laid against Namjoon's chest and traced circles in his forearms. Namjoon gave a quick peck on top of her head.

"Joonie," Misha said

"Hmmm," Namjoon replied

Misha looked up through her black-rimmed glasses. "Thank you."

Namjoon smiled and hugged her tighter into his chest.

"Joonie! You are suffocating me with your chest," Misha chuckled

Namjoon laughed. " Sorry babe, you're just so cute."

" So are you, dimples," Misha commented

"I can't wait to come home to you every day," said Namjoon

Misha kissed Namjoon's cheek. " I'll go home tomorrow and start packing,"

Namjoon nodded. "Are you sure you're okay coming to the meeting on Wednesday?"

"I'll be okay," Misha smiled

Thanks For Reading! 💜