2

"Sunwoo!" The boy spins his head hearing his name called out by an all so familiar voice.

The owner of the voice walks up to him, smiling brightly as she attempts to hold his hand. He moves away, grabbing her wrist and pulling her towards a more private area.

"What is it Sunwoo? Are you okay?" The girl looks at him worriedly tilting her head trying to get a better look at his face.

"Let's break up." He says, looking at her, no emotion found in his voice.

"What the hell are you on about?" The girl scoffs as she crosses her arms looking him dead in the eye.

"We're over."

"No." She says, making him roll his eyes.

"Can't you tell I'm sick of you Hana?! For goodness sake you're sick of me!" He yells, softly trying not to be heard by anyone else.

"How could you say that! Until you give me a proper reason why, we're not over."

"I'm dating someone else."

She lifts her eyebrows not believing a word he said.

"What? Who?" Hana says angrily.

Sunwoo remains silent, the boys eyes scanning around the area, only to see a small poster of the athletics team.

"Her." He says pointing at a photo of a girl smiling widely at the camera.

"Her." Hana gives the photo a good look eyeing the girl in her sports uniform, hair messy from probably all the running she had been doing. "Min Mirae?"

"Yeah Mirae... she's my new girlfriend..." Sunwoo says not even believing himself.

"Sure. We're over, ONLY when I've met this new girlfriend of yours."

"Fine. I'll introduce you sometime." Sunwoo says calmly, slightly relieved at the resolution of this interaction.

"This afternoon at the school gates, right after school." Hana say, crossing her arms looking at the boy with a smirk.

"Fine." He remarks, avoiding her eyes as he watched the girl leave.

Once he made sure she was gone, he pulled his hair in frustration.

"What did I do. What did I do." He jumped up and down, fidgeting as anxiousness began to suffocate him.

"Woah Sunwoo, you good?" Changmin and Eric walked towards him as they looked at him is confusion, wondering what had happened to their friend.

"What do I do? I just broke up with Hana after kind of convincing her that this girl is my new girlfriend and now she wants to meet her this afternoon!" He said quickly pointing at the photo of Mirae on the wall.

"Of course you did." Eric sighs, as Sunwoo sent him a glare.

"Hey, I know that girl." Changmin exclaims, Sunwoo redirecting his attention to his friend grabbing onto his arm, looking into his eyes.

"You do?! Where is she?! I need to find her fast!" He shakes his friend violently, Eric trying to pry him off Changmin.

"Okay! Calm down! I'm pretty sure she's the class right down the hallway from ours, I've seen her pass by a couple times..." He says pushing Sunwoo off him.

"Yeah? Yeah! Okay, cool, let's go." The frantic boy replied, quickly walking off with his friends running behind him.

-

They walked through the busy hallway, loud with the murmuring and whispering of students sharing that path.

Changmin stopped in front of the door to a classroom, placing a finger on his chin humming scanning the room, subtly, through the window.

"Are you guys looking for someone?" A girl asks timidly, a small smile growing on her face as she sees the boyz.

"Uhh yeah Min Mirae?" Sunwoo piped up from behind Changmin. The girl's widen as she mumbles a 'follow me', speedily walking to the end of the corridor.

The girl slams the door open loudly, collecting the attention of everyone in the room, as she scanned the room, she stops, seeing the girl she was looking for.

"Mirae."

Mirae looks up at her classmate with a confused face.

"Kim Sunwoo is looking for you."

The whole room went dead silent as all heads turned to Mirae, her eyes wide open, nothing but a small stutter coming out of her mouth as she pointed to herself.

"Me?"

_

Mirae was now at the rooftop, standing in front of Sunwoo as she hit her lips nervously, waiting for the boy to say something. He sighs loudly causing the girl to look up anxiously.

"Be my girlfriend."

"What?"

"Please."

Mirae stands there unable to comprehend what just happened.

Did I hear that right?

"Of course it'll be fake like a... a contract relationship! Sorry, that was a bit random wasn't it." She looks him dead in the eye, her heart dropping to her stomach.

"It's... complicated. But can you? I know it's a lot to ask but we can write a contract and everything to make it more... fun?" He rubs the back of his neck hoping for a 'yes' from the girl.

"I'm sorry." He looks up at the girl, confused and slightly stunned. Mirae sighs making eye contact with him, then speaking again.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do that." She says before turning around, internally cursing herself as she leaves the speechless boy standing alone on the roof.