12

"It's okay, I'll be with you the whole time."

-

Lies.

Unable to ignore Sunwoo's popularity, as soon as they stepped foot into the house, Sunwoo was swept away into the crowd, leaving Mirae all alone.

It's okay you got this.

Mirae gave herself some words of encouragement even though she had absolutely no idea what she had "got".

The girl made her way through the immense amount of people chatting and laughing and drinking at the front door, into the living area which had much more space and area to breathe.

Feeling pathetic, Mirae cursed herself for agreeing to come to this party and sat down on the couch, holding tightly onto her bag as she watched people socialise.

"Mirae?"

Hearing her name, Mirae stood up, turning around to see a familiar face, anxiousness leaving her body.

"Oh my gosh Eric you have no idea how glad I am to see someone I know."

Eric let out a chuckle, making Mirae smile, sighing in relief.

"I'm guessing someone took Sunwoo away?"

"Yup, gone the second we walked in."

Eric nodded walking over to Mirae, sitting down on the couch, patting the spot next to him, gesturing for her to sit down.

"I don't know why I agreed to come here."

"Yea same to be honest."

"Don't you guys go to a lot of... whatever this is." Mirae asked gesturing to everything around her.

"Yea, but that doesn't mean I like them."

"Then why do you go?"

"Because they're fun."

Mirae sat up straight looking at the boy next to her with a confused look. Eric just laughed sitting up as well, leaning towards the girl.

"I don't get it either."

Mirae scoffed lightly, playfully rolling her eyes as she leaned in even closer.

"Seems to me you've had maybe a little more than too many drinks."

Eric just stared at the girl, frozen in her eyes as she smiled sweetly. He observed eyes, how they crease at the ends when she smiled turning into a crescent shape. Her lips and how when she smiled she always shows her teeth.

"You look beautiful today."

He watched her smile twitch and eyes fall, blinking rapidly as she opened her mouth to speak.

"How much did you drink?" Mirae looked away, chuckling a little to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.

"Enough."

"Enough?"

"Enough to know what I'm saying."

The two just looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

"Eric!"

The silence was broken quickly as an unfamiliar boy pat Eric on the back, jumping over the couch, squeezing himself in between Mirae and him.

Startled Mirae moved away, clearly uncomfortable with the unknown person.

"Hyunsuk. Long time no see."

"You too bud. And who's this?"

The Hyunsuk guy turned his head to Mirae, looking back at Eric for an answer.