7

It was finally the day of the basketball game. Eric stood outside the gym where many students had already started going in, ready to watch the game, many of them wishing Eric a 'good luck' as they walked in.

He politely bowed to them, eyes moving busily through the crowd of people walking in, trying to look for only one person. Eyes lighting up he held in a smile as he patiently waited at the gate.

"Eric! Hi!" Mirae smiled widely as she reached the front door of the gym. Just like many others she wore the school jersey, to show support for the school team. But there was something about her that made her look so different.

Maybe it was how oversized the jersey was and the fact that she paired that with loose basketball shorts and wore her hair in a low ponytail that made her look so much more different than the formal school uniform.

"Uh hey Mirae... here." Without hesitation he pushed a small can of drink to her as she looked up slightly confused.

"For yesterday, my ankles a lot better now thanks to you." Mirae smiled once again taking the can before rummaging through her bag, handing him an ankle brace.

"This is for today, I found an extra one at home and it should give you extra support for the game." Eric took the ankle brace slowly smiling to himself before waving and walking to the change rooms.

Walking in he was greeted by the loud voices of his teammates pumping each other up. Eric sat down on the bench as he took off his shoe, pushing his foot through the ankle brace, wrapping it tightly.

-

Mirae, Joha and Haerin walked up the stands looking around for a place to sit. Once finding a good seat, they sat down chattering amongst themselves.

The trios attention was grabbed when they all heard someone clearing their throats. Looking up it was no other than Kim Hana who stood in front of Mirae, arms crossed, glaring down at her.

"Uh hi?"

"Don't hi me, we don't exactly have a relationship that allows us to meet and greet." Hana snarls at Mirae.

"Then why exactly are you just standing there."

"Do you really think I believe that Sunwoo likes you?" Hana spat. Mirae raises an eyebrow slightly amused by the annoyed girl in front of her.

"I mean obviously he doesn't like you as much either, considering the fact that he chose me over you." Mirae smirks, looking up at Hana, who gasped slightly, almost startled by the sudden confidence.

Hana scoffed before kicking Mirae's foot harshly before walking past the three friends.

"Oh my gosh Mirae that was insane." Haerin exclaims, looking at Joha who's mouth was wide opened staring at her friend.

"I don't even know..." her friends buzzed around her as Mirae felt a vibration in her pocket, causing her to take it out.

Stay where you are after the game!

A blush crept up to her cheeks as she looked towards the court where the players were now running on. She spotted Sunwoo's dark curly hair which was supported with a head band that hid under his front bangs.

He met the eyes of the girl, sending a wave in her direction. Mirae waved back, that was for sure to catch the eyes and attention of many students.

There was no doubt that rumour had spread about the two, considering their rooftop and cafeteria chats. But Mirae brushed it off, trying to ignore the unsettling gazes from the other students.

-

The crowd cheered loudly, Mirae cheering even louder as Sunwoo managed to score in one more hoop just before the game ended, securing their win.

Mirae let Joha and Haerin leave first as she stayed patiently at her seat, waiting for Sunwoo to call or text her.

After a couple minutes when the gym was completely empty, Mirae heard a small shuffling on the court as Sunwoo ran on once again, gesturing for her to come down.

She let out a small chuckle, running down as quickly as she could. Sunwoo observed the girl, her tied hair bouncing against her shoulder as she hopped down the stairs, her bright smile not leaving her face.

"Good job today, you were pretty awesome." Mirae commented. Sunwoo smiled before throwing a basketball to her, his smile curving into a smirk.

"Let's see how well you can play."

"Ooooh game on." Mirae returned the smirk, giggling as she bounced the ball, running to the hoop as fast as she could, trying not to be caught by Sunwoo.

Oh course, she was no match for the center as he easily took the ball from her, teasing her as she tried her hardest to grab the ball.

Soon after, they settled down and Sunwoo was now teaching Mirae the technique for shooting the ball into the hoop.

"Okay so hold the ball with your right hand and support it with your left, bend down slightly and jump. When you jump flick your hand and throw it into the hoop."

Mirae nodded eagerly as her eyes glared at the target, doing everything Sunwoo had explained. For a moment he would have guessed that she would get it in, but that thought slipped away when instead of flicking the ball in the air, the ball slid off Mirae's hand onto the ground.

She let out a pout, looking toward the boy who laughed, ruffling her hair.

"Don't laugh at me, let me do it again."

She chased for the ball and got into position again, ready to shoot. Observing her concentrated face, Sunwoo took out his phone, pointing it towards the girl and took a shot.

Then another. And another.

It wasn't until Mirae stopped and looked over that he stopped, sending her a smile.

"Heeeeyyyy... don't take photos of me." The girl groaned as she walked over towards him, handing him back the basketball.

"Rule number 1: Must have couple Lock Screen. The photo was for my Lock Screen. Look" Sunwoo proudly showed Mirae his Lock Screen which was now a photo of the girl trying to shoot a hoop.

"Then I need a photo of you too." Mirae replied, an evident blush on her cheeks which Sunwoo decided to just ignore as he nodded and got into a pose.

Mirae took a few shots yelling out different poses to do in which Sunwoo just followed, doing each perfectly.

"Let me see them."

Mirae turned her screen so both of them could see. As they flicked through the photos, Mirae began to realise how close Sunwoo was to her, his breathing audible and presence even closer.

"You know Mirae, your such a cool person now that I'm spending more time with you, I can't believe we didn't know each other before this."

I knew you before this.

"It would be even cooler if we could stay friends after the whole contract thing ends."

Friends. Contract.

"Can't believe I have to this all because of Hana. I even had to drag you into this."

Right. Hana...