4

Mirae was now facing Sunwoo as they sat at a table in a cafe, holding their drinks, avoiding eye contact.

"Sorry for grabbing your arm earlier, I don't know what I was thinking." Mirae says, breaking the silence, sighing as she relived the embarrassment.

"No it's alright, I liked it." he replies Mirae's head shooting up. Realising what he said, Sunwoo quickly covered it up.

"I mean it was smart. It looked believable..." Mirae just nods looking down at her drink, feeling too sick to want to drink it.

"Oh here," she says grabbing the piece of paper out of her pocket, handing it to him "I signed it as well."

He opens the paper to see a small signature under the girls name, written with a smiley face after it. Sunwoo chuckles and hands the paper back to her.

"That's your copy, here you need to sign mine." She takes the paper back watching the boy grab yet another paper, identical to the one in her hand.

"Oh and add a smiley face here too, I want a smiley face too." Mirae looks up to see him smiling at her making her heart beat a little faster. "uhh sure." she says attempting to smile back only imagining how dumb she looked.

"Here. I'm gonna have to leave now. Sorry." she says handing back the piece of paper and pen to the boy, who was now looking at her in confusion as she stood up. "I have athletics training I need to go to, my coach is probably really mad."

"Oh okay, see you, thanks for today." he smiles as she sends him a nod back.

As soon as she leaves the two boys who were waiting outside comes running in sitting opposite their friend. "So what's happening."

"She signed it." Sunwoo says as Changmin raises his hand to his mouth, astonished.

"You really can do everything if you look that good." Sunwoo scoffs at his behaviour, opening his copy of the contract as his friends bicker in the background. To his surprise it wasn't just the signature and smiley face the girl had added onto the page.

5. Temporary support link: call to talk 'stress' away!

Sunwoo smiles to himself, at his new "girlfriend" wondering how in the world he had never spoken or seen her before.

_

Back at the school fields, Mirae was currently picking up all the cones they had used for training, and let me tell you, that's a lot of cones. To no surprise the coach was furious that Mirae had ditched training and got even more furious when Mirae couldn't give an answer as to why.

And so as her punishment she was in charge of collecting all the equipment and packing it up before leaving the school grounds.

Although this was a tough job, Mirae couldn't help but smile and dance to the music she had plugged in her ears while doing the tiresome work of collecting all the equipment. She couldn't believe she was dating Sunwoo, and to say it with her own mouth that he was her boyfriend.

Of course, she knew it was a contract relationship but that didn't stop her from being overjoyed.

She stopped what she was doing and looked up at the sky, the clouds that seemed to be fading as the afternoon got darker, she pointed up at the sky "I'll make sure our relationship doesn't die" falling on her knees in a praying positing, still looking up at the sky.

"Thank you God. I don't know what beautiful, angelic act I have done but I am ever so grateful to have this opportunity and I will use it well!" she finishes by jumping up punching the sky before continuing with her job.

_

It was now the next day and Mirae was happily walking to school with her earphones in, humming along. She was nearly at the school gates when a pair of hands scared her from behind, making the girl spin fast. It was to her surprise to see Sunwoo bending down to her height looking at her, meeting her eyes with his own.

"Hi." he smiled, Mirae just hiccuped as she spun back round holding her face to make sure it wasn't heating up. The boy just chuckled reaching around and grabbing one of her earphones and placing it in his ears.

"How was training yesterday?" he asks oblivious to the fact that the girl was internally freaking out as her crush was not only walking beside her but also sharing earphones with her.

"Uhhh... you know. Normal training stuff?" she looked up at him to see him nodding.

"Like running, jumping, throwing yeah it's not very interesting."

"No it seems so cool, like, you have to be able to run fast, jump high and also throw long spears that's pretty intense."

"Oh thanks I guess, but basketball's a lot more interesting to watch." Mirae says starting to forget the fact that she was walking with Sunwoo, through the school gates, in front of everyone and on top of that they were sharing earphones.

"I don't know, it's just a bunch of guys running around inside throwing balls at each other, which now that I think about doesn't sound as fun or innocent..." Sunwoo was rethinking his life choices in saying that when he was cut off by a small chuckle from the shorter girl next to him.

"Right, in athletics we throw balls too. Just heavier ones." This cut Mirae off guard as she covered her mouth in embarrassment and looked up to a wide eyed Sunwoo, to her luck he started laughing, making Mirae laugh as well.

"We have a basketball game this Friday. You should come watch."

"Yeah I will." By this stage, Mirae didn't even realise they were at the front of her classroom, only realising once Sunwoo handed back the earphone.

"Thanks Sunwoo."

"No problem, after all you are my girlfriend, that's the least I could do." he smiles, unknowingly to the fact that he just made the girl fall in love with him even more than she already was.

"Well, gotta go to class see you at lunch!" he waves as she waves back a bright smile of her face.

Cute.

Once he turned his back Mirae walked into her classroom, looking half dead as her soul lifts up and slowly comes back down.

"MIN MIRAE!" Haerin and Joha walk up to their friend with wide eyes.

"Guys, am I dreamin- OW!" Mirae grabs her shoulder after Haerin pinches her, glaring at her as the trio walk to Mirae's desk.

"Nope. You're not dreaming, meaning Kim Sunwoo walked you to class, meaning if you make a mistake you're done for, meaning that mistake cannot be covered up, meaning-"

"Haerin stop, Mirae looks like she could kill you." Joha comments looking at the girl who's eyes were blazing.

"A-anyway... what I was trying to say was that YOU DIDN'T TELL US ANYTHING!" Haerin shouts once again and before she could blabber on any further Joha intervenes by covering Haerin's mouth, nothing but a giggle coming out of Mirae's mouth.

Mirae explained as much as she could before class began AND before Haerin could interrupt her again. Once the bell rang to indicate that class was beginning and Mirae's two best friends left for their seats, she looked out the window to the place where Sunwoo was standing with his friends. Suddenly he waved towards her, startled she lifted her hand and waved back as he smiled walking away with the rest of the group.

She couldn't believe what had just happened, the boy who she had been observing since the beginning of highschool did not just stand there for her to watch but actually looked at her and waved, even though he didn't truly like her.

Mirae didn't know what this feeling was but all she knew, as the teacher trailed on about who knows what subject, was that this day was going too good.