CHAPTER 6.10

Are you going to Scarborough fair...
Parsley, sage rosemary and thyme...

The girl gasped, her eyes opened widened with disbelief. She couldn't believe what was happening.  The boy smiled, his face taking on a sweetening sick look as he choked her harder. 

She didn't want to believe it. 

♬  Remember me to one who lives there  ♬

His right hand squeezed her neck tighter while gently caressing her cheeks with his other hand. He face was gentle as he softly sang. As if the death song was a lullaby. 

♬  She once was a true love of mine  ♬

He smiled even sweeter if possible but his eyes took on a touch of insanity. As if he's pouring out all of his love, but hatred and despair at the same time. It was novel to her— to see the two contrasting but equally strong emotions together. 

♬  Tell her to make me a cambric shirt  ♬

Her lungs were screaming for air as her throat was being slowly crushed under the boy's hand. She would have clawed his hands and poked his eyes already if not for her crippled body. Her only working arm was immediately pinned down the moment she moved it.  

♬  Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme 

She contemplated using her magic to knock him out, but that comes with too many risks. The lack of air was clouding her mind, slowly rendering her unable to think.

At this rate, she will die before she can even take any risk.

With her last ounce of reason, she controlled her mana to create a thin golden needle behind the boy's head. The moment she releases the command, it will plunge into his head to knock him unconscious.

Of course, it could do a lot worse than that. But she's not trying to kill anyone. 

At least... Not the boy in front her. 

♬  Without no seams nor needlework  

Just as she was about to plunge the needle down, she stopped. She saw something that made her believe just a little.

His eyes.... He wasn't looking at her.

No, it more like he was seeing someone else. 

And... 

She thinks she knows who it is.

The needle behind the boy's head dissipated as she stopped resisting. Her body spasm in protest but she remained limp.

This might be a very foolish decision considering her state of mind. Especially since she's been seeing black dots in her vision.