Chapter 6.12

Recap

Escaping near death, Y/N managed to calm down the hysteric Kanato and lured him back to sleep. However, before she could relax, a message from god came.

Groaning, she opened the diary to only be shocked silly.

God: Y/N!!!!

God: YOU BETTER ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW, YOUNG LADY!

God: I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DID IT, BUT YOU BETTER FIX IT!!

God: IN WHAT HEAVEN KJSDXI....( ink splotch omitted due to panicked writing)...

God: HOW IS ZENITSU IN ATTACK ON TITAN???!!

"WHAT?!"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

━ An hour before disaster strike ━

Zenitsu

"I'M GROWWINGG BALD!!" Zenitsu cried dramatically, holding tuffs of his hair in his hand. Although a drama queen, his hysteria wasn't all for nothing. After all, the small sparrow had pulled out a handful of his hair in attempt to wake him up that morning.

Chuntaro immediately looked away from the scene of crime. Chirping as if it's whistling

However, that allowed Chuntaro to notice something else. They were still in forest as they were camping in the night before their mission. But something was alarmingly off about this forest.

Chirping, Chuntaro swat Zenitsu who was muttering something about falling hair being a sign of death.

"W- *p-puh * -WHAT??" Zenitsu spluttered, trying to spit out the feathers that was getting into his mouth.

Chuntaro literally had to bite Zenitsu's nose with its beak and turn it around to get his attention where it wanted.

"GWAHH! WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN TO MEEE??!!" Zenitsu cried, holding his now-red nose with tears in his eyes.

"Chirp! Chirp!" Chuntaro pointed a wing to a direction in front of them.

Zenitsu peeked up, only to get the same feeling of strangeness as Chuntaro.

"Eh...? Are trees always this big?"

The trees in this forest seemed to reach the sky, making Zenitsu seem like an insect in comparison. They were tall. Taller than anything Zenitsu knows and he had to wonder for a minute if he had shrank again.

Luckily, he saw a deer peeking out from behind one of the trees and he seemed to be normal when comparing size with the deer.

Otherwise.... Soap opera 2.0 opened for business :)

"Chiu! Chiu!" Chuntaro urged Zenitsu.

"What?? You also think digging a hole and hiding is a good idea?" He nodded frantically in agreement. Zenitsu immediately pulled out his sword out, ready to use it as a shovel. "Good thinking!"

"CHUN!" Chuntaro harshly pulled on his hair with its beak.

"ARGHH!! MY HAIRRRRRR!"

"CHUN! CHUN!" Chuntaro pulled his hair to the right, pointing a wing in that direction.

"ALRIGHT! I'LL GO! I'LL GOOO!"

As the two traveled together through the forest, the feeling that something was wrong grew stronger. The deeper they go, the taller the trees grow. There were traces of something much bigger in these woods. The broken branches laying on the ground were ones that came from much higher up the tree. Nothing a normal animal can achieve.