C Ⱨ ̸̘͓͓͈̹̗̺͇͌̓̍͑̿͊̿̀̾̚ͅ-̶̨̩̼͈͈̭̬̠͚̻̀ P̷̝̪̉ ₮■ -̸̘͓͓͈̹̗̺͇͌̓̍͑̿͊̿̀̾̚ͅ EPIS ■DE 7

THIRD POV

In the midst of night when everything is asleep, a blonde-haired hair girl walked quietly. Down twists and turns as the halls changed from wallpaper to bricks.

Her eyes were unfocused yet her feet continued on steadily, signifying that she was as she sleep-walking.

Step by step, she walked from her bedroom. Down the stairs. Down until iron bars and dimly-lit lanterns decorated the walls beside her

And had she been awake, she would have realized that she had been here before.

However, in the dreamscape before her, she realized another thought-

Ah, it was this dream again.

Standing in a garden, she watches as kids passes by her. Neither one noticing her existence.

The three kids laughed happily as they ran after each other.

Two red-heads and one with purple hair. The triplets.

It was strange to see the innocent smiles on their face. A pure, unadulterated happiness that's a sharp contrast to the adults she knows today.

Even so, she continued to watched them placidly as a purple-haired woman approached. Immediately, the woman singled out Ayato from his brothers as the joyful atmosphere vanishes.

"N..No way! All I've ever done is study! How come Kanato and Laito get to play while all I ever get to do is study?" Ayato defied his mother after she demanded him to go back to his room to study.

"Because you're not like the other children. You're the successor. Do you understand what that means?" She glowered, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Now tell me what you must do."

He dejectedly looked down, realizing that his pleas were useless.

"I.. must be number one. I must become better than anyone"

"And if you fail?

"I am... not my mother's child. So, I will be sunk to the bottom of the lake."

The woman happily smiled. "Exactly, good boy!"

"You are worthless to me unless you are number one." She looked down at him with sardonic eyes.

"Worthless boys must spend eternity at the cold, damp bottom of the lake, all alone, where no one can help them."

Then her voice turned cold, as she warned: "So, unless that's what you want, go to your room."

The boy ran away as the blonde-haired girl continued to watch the scene emotionlessly.

She turned away, not bothering to watch the next scene as she followed the paved garden path towards a gazebo.

In the gazebo, A blond woman was sitting across a black-haired boy, embroidering as the boy was reading. By their side, a butler stood awaiting any orders.

But distant barking could be heard, breaking their peace, as as a blond-haired boy approach the with a dog in his hands. He was laughing, playing and holding the dog affectionately.

"Shuu, what are you doing?" The blond-haired woman stood up, approaching Shuu with a disapproving look on her face.

"Look, a friend gave him to me!" Shuu showed him of to his mother, but the woman frowned at the sight.

"Release that thing at once."

However, the boy continued to play with the dog happily as his black-haired brother watched with a glare. Resentful yet jealous.

"Shuu!" The woman rebuked. "You are the eldest son and therefore, the next head of the family. You must learn how to conduct yourself at all times."

Immediately following her words, the butler went to grab the dog as the boy struggled to hold onto the animal.

"What are you doing?! I promised Edgar that I'd take care of him." The boy shouted, trying to take back the dog. Yet a single look from his mother was enough to silence his fight.

Unable to accept the situation, Shuu ran away in frustration, but his mother sat back down embroidering as if nothing happened.

The black-haired boy then looked at his mother eagerly. Holding the thick book in his hand with a praise-seeking glance, "Mother, I have finished memorizing the entire book."

Yet, his mother didn't even spare a glance at him. Embroidering as if he didn't exist.

The black-haired had no choice but to go back to his book. Re-reading with a bitter look.

The blonde-haired girl, Yui, stared at the scene was a glazed look in her eyes.

How many times is this?

How many times have this been?

She was so sick of this.

Of them.

As if watching their backstories will pardon them of everything they've done.

Yui watched the butler holding the dog, knowing that the pet will be thrown away later. Drowned or "mysteriously disappeared."

What a sob story.

A white petal floated by her face, urging her to follow it. And so she did, onto to the next scene where she spotted a young boy with white-lavender hair.

He was staring up at a window, high upon a tower, hoping to catch a glimpse of his mother. Yet, the woman in the tower turned away from him, causing his eyes to flood with disappointment and hurt.

She watched the boy with cold eyes devoid of sympathy, contemplating to herself:

Ahhhh, here's another one.

Another sob story. Another victim.

Another villain dressed up as tragic, fucked up, sad hero.

Even so... She can't help but smile amusingly. At this little charade game they are all playing.

From the corner of her eyes, she caught sight of purple hair as the scenes changes before her eyes.

Sitting by the bridge, a green-haired man held onto the purple-haired woman's hand as he praises her beauty. Smiling wantonly, the woman replied affectionately as she let the man kiss her hand.

Suddenly, a chill ran down Yui's spine as her heartbeats begin to speed up. The flowing wind suddenly stops dead as the all the colors bled from the scene. Time stayed frozen as Yui felt her heart roaring to life.

It was almost time.

The purple-haired woman was who smiling at her lover, suddenly turned her gaze to her. The glowing, green orbs pierced into Yui's soul as if to terrify and intimidate her.

Yet... Yui broke into a grin.

A smile so wide and filled with elation that it sent the other woman reeling back.

Soon. She thought to herself.

And she can't help but tremble in excitement.

Soon, she'll get to stop playing the perfect, pretty heroine.

—————————————————————
*unedited

Finally, a glimpse into Yui and what's she thinking. Can you guess what's happening with Yui? What do you think is going on?

I spent a lot of time on this chapter, contemplating and re-writing since I keep forgetting what to write or a specific word for something. *sobs* I swear my vocabulary is usually not this poor, I'm just out of brain cells.

Anyways, I hope you guys you like this chapter. Pls vote & comment. I lost too many brain cells for this ;-;