Chapter 6.14

Y/N POV

After coming back from AOT, I was knocked out for a good 3 whole days. Needless to say, the Sakamaki brothers panicked. 

I woke up to Ayato holding up a defibrillator to my face, yelling "CLEAR!" ⁠

—Before he was obviously tackled to the ground by Subaru. The machine landed on the two, nearly shocking both to death. 

Reiji seemed to have aged 5 years, trying to deal with all of this stupidity.

While Shu just left the room, refusing to be believe that he was related to these idiots. 

After things have settled down, my routine nowadays consist of only waking up, eating and sleeping. I've also been impriso—ahem—confined to my bed by Reiji.

Surprisely, Laito become one of my regular visitors along with the occasional Ayato. Whenever those two were around, it would never be a quiet moment. Luckily, Reiji always appear to drag those two out if things ever get out of hand.

I'm starting to think that Reiji is my guardian angel here.

On the other, Kanato never showed up. Not a shadow. But the lollipops that I was hiding in my drawer seems to be mysteriously disappearing.

That's my recount of the past few weeks or so. 

As of now?

Currently, I'm trying to catch the dust particles in the air with my left hand.

B̶U̶T̶ ̶I̶T̶ ̶A̶L̶W̶A̶Y̶S̶ ̶E̶S̶C̶A̶P̶E̶

..... In other words, I'm bored. 

What do you expect a disabled person with only one good arm to do? 

I can't even scroll through Wattpad since they confiscated my phone  ('°̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥`)

Two knocks sounded from the door as I watched in anticipation. 

The door opened, revealing Reiji and I clicked my tongue disappointment. I was hoping it'll Ayato in the maid outfit that I've been asking for. After all, he was the one who both propose and lose the bet.

Hehehe, that's what you get for setting me up :)

But that's a story for another time. 

Reiji looked straight at me, before giving out a one-word demand: 

"Strip." 

I grimaced. "Do I have to?"

He raised a brow, unamused. "Unless you want me to?"

I groaned into my pillow. I took off the blanket scarf around me, revealing the tank-top underneath. 

I looked up at him as he stared back at me.

"What about the pants?

I deadpanned as I pulled up the loose legs of my pants. He sighed as I gave him an exasperated expression.

Changing bandages is such a pain.

But what's even stranger is what comes next.

Reiji grabbed the equipment from the closet before sitting down on the bed next to me. Starting with my right arm, I watched quietly as Reiji changed my bandages. He carefully cleaned my wounds before wrapping new clean bandages around it and re-adjusting the cast.

He was always clenching his teeth, brows furrowed as if in frustration. He was always like this whenever he comes in to change my bandages.

I'm confused.