Episode 6 (Part 3)

Reiji walked tiredly out of his lab. He turned left and walked towards the bathroom to wash up. However, one of his brothers suddenly stood in his way and blocked his path.

"What? " He demanded tiredly. 

He was drained of energy and of all people, the last person he wanted to see was Shu. 

Shu frowned. He nodded towards the direction of the living room, saying: "It's noisy."

That's when Reiji noticed all of the noise, noticeably the yelling and screaming coming from their younger brother, Kanato.

He sighed tiredly, pinching the bridge of his nose before changing direction and towards the stairs and down to the living room. Shu silently followed behind him. 

As he walked down the stairs, the screaming got louder.

"Y/N-san! Y/n-san!" Kanato yelled out as he stuggled against the armhold of his brothers. 

"Ahem," Reiji cleared his throat, getting the attention of everyone. Kanato stopped struggling as he raised his head in attention.

"Miss (Y/N) is  alright. She dislocated her shoulder, breaking both of her right arm and leg. There is a wound on her head. However, fortunately, there is no concussion," Reiji announced. The tension in air lifted with the news and the brothers' uptight shoulders abruptly sagged in relief.

"Kanato!!" Ayato shouted. Taking advantage of the moment, Kanato broke free from his siblings' hold and ran for the stairs.  

Reiji grabbed him by the arm when he ran past him. "You can see her later."

"No! I want to see Y/N-san now!" Kanato thrashed around, trying to throw off Reiji's grip. However, his grip on him remained firm as he dragged him in the opposite direction.

And for the second time that night, Kanato was dragged away yelling and thrashing. 

-----------------------------------------------

"Y/N-san, today I had cake! " A purple-haired child reported dutifully. He sat on a chair next to the bed his arms holding a teddy bear while his legs slightly swung back and forth.

"It was really yummy and the strawberry was so sweet! " The child continued to talk, describing his day to the girl on the bed. She laid immobile with bandages wrapping her whole body and her eyes tightly shut. 

It's been a week since the incident and Y/N had yet to wake up from ever since. Ever since then, Kanato had made it his mission to watch over her. With the exception of mealtime and school, Kanato would constantly stay by her side until one of his brothers forces him out. 

Kanato also made sure to report to her his daily activities so she won't feel left out. 

"I'll give you some when you wake up, " Kanato looked at the girl, hoping that somehow she'll wake hearing that. However, she remained unresponsive. His eyes showed the hint of dejection before he lowered his head to fit in with the teddy bear in his arms.

"Kanato, " His brother called out from the doorway. It was Reiji. " You haven't feed, lately."

Kanato turned away, fiddling with his teddy bear and ignoring the man.

"Kanato," the man repeated with a threat in his voice.

Kanato continued to ignore him. He doesn't want to feed. The sight of blood was now no longer as tantalizing as it was before.

"Go feed, " Reiji growled, feeling his temper being tested.

The boy continued to ignore him and carried on playing with his teddy bear.

Irked, the older man grabbed the younger boy by his collar before proceeding to throw the boy out of the room and locking the door. The young boy banged at the door, screaming and yelling. However, his brother just ignored him as he strode across the room to a shelf. He opens a drawer before picking out white bandages along with some other tools.

Reiji walked over to the bed, taking over Kanato's previous seat. Cutting the girl's bandages apart with a pair of scissors, he cleaned up the wound before re-bandaging it. He then sat back to admire his handiwork.

'Weak' He thought. 

The girl was so much weaker than he thought.

This won't do.

Abruptly, he stood up and walked out the room, his thoughts remain unknown. He opened the door, preparing to leave when a figure suddenly pushed past him and rushed into the room.

"Kanato!"

The little child clung to the bedpost, refusing to let go. Reiji tried to pull away the boy, but he didn't dare to pull too hard. He was scared that he'll disturb the girl's rest, risking her recovery. Therefore, due to his half-baked efforts, Kanato remained firmly attached to the bed.

Reiji sighed exasperatedly before just giving up.