Chapter - 53

Venice,

Italy

Sanjana's POV:

The wedding of Kirti and Ranvijay was finally commenced. In Indian culture, the marriage is considered as sacred, it ties husband and wife for seven lives.

In Indian wedding ceremony, there are various pre-rituals- mehndi (henna is applied on bride, the significance of it arises from the fact that henna is a natural cooling and healing agent, so it relives the bride of stress before her big day), haldi ( in this ritual- a paste of turmeric, sandalwood, gramfloor and rosewater is applied on bodies of bride and groom- the significance of these rituals lie in the fact that turmeric is antibiotic in nature--it helps in purifying body as well as gives glow to skin). These are main rituals are followed almost all over India, other than that there are various other rituals depending on the region.

The wedding ceremony consist of saptapadi (seven rounds around holy fire, each round signify different Vow), sindoor (vermillion applied by married women on forehead) and mangalsutra (a sacred chain tied by groom around bride's neck). 

There are several post-wedding rituals as well. It is safe to say that atleast three days are needed to commence an India wedding. 

Since, there is so much spiritual meaning is attached to wedding, the divorce is a taboo in Indian society till date. Though, the modern India does not dwell much on the same but still divorcee women are frowned upon. 

This is not only the case with Indian society but mostly Asian as well as Muslim community. Marriage--is suppose to bring joy and love to your life, if it not giving you that then it is always a wise option to end it. It is not always given that you will be happy with your husband. When it becomes a burden it is better to end it rather than to carry that weight throughout your life. 

What I feel is that humans need to find a middle ground for marriage--western countries are too casual about relationships and marriages and eastern are too rigid about this institution. 

In my career, I have seen women suffering just because they don't have the courage to break the mold society have created for them. 

"Are you reminiscing about our wedding?" Akshay's question broke my reverie. 

"As if there is something to remember. Your jerkface ruined it for me." I taunted. 

"If I am not wrong Mrs. Singhania, you fell in love with me the moment I filled your partition and tied mangalsutra." He smirked at me while entwining our hands. 

"How did you know? We have not talked about all this?" I asked astonished. 

"I saw the love in your eyes and it was this love which scared me. I thought it is better to end your hopes now than to let you fall deeper and hurt you more." He muttered and tightened his grip on my hand. 

"Wow, that's quite a revelation. When did you fall in love with me?" I asked him. 

"I don't know the exact moment as I did not fall for you. I am in love with you and I love you knowing all your flaws. It was a slow process for me. It was your character, your values and your persona not just your beauty with which I am in love. Though, your beauty is cherry on the top." Akshay explained. 

Hearing his explanation brought tears to my eyes. He tenderly wipe my tears." I did not know you are senty type-- get emotional so easily." He muttered. 

"You are messing up with my hormones." I complained while softly punching him on his stomach. 

"Sweetheart, you complains are increasing day by day. I think you are going to be a complaint box much more than our baby." Akshay grumbled. 

"I am your first baby so I can complain all I want." Did I just say that? Smart, intelligent people aslo have their dumb moments. 

"That you are." For once Akshay acquiesce with me on something and that too something so silly. 

"Are you two done romancing? If yes, then let's move everybody is tired and wants to rest." No points guessing there that it was Ma who just embarrassed us, sorry, me because I don't think it has any effect on Akshay and his response just proved the same "No, you guys go ahead. Sanjana & I will be joining you later."

"What are we going to here? I am tired." I whined to him. 

"We have a pending date, baby. Since, we were not able to go that day, let's do it now." 

"And whose fault was that?" I squeaked as Akshay suddenly lifts me in his arms bridal style. 

"As far as I remember someone's breast were achy and they needed some licking and what not." His bad boy smirk now seemed to be permanently etched on his face. 

"You are getting more and more shameless." My red face was buried in his chest. 

"What's shameless about saying truth?" He tried making a innocent face which he was not able to pull off "Just don't open mouth for time being." I grouch. 

"Baby, my mouth needs to be open for things I have planned." His brows suggestively wiggling. And my mind raced down the wicked path imagining all the naughty things he can do to me. My face was once again resembling tomato. 

"What are you thinking about? I was just talking about opening a bottle of champagne. If you need some tender care, let me know. Since, I am your husband it is my duty to take care of you." The only option I have to save myself from Devil's teasing is keeping my mouth shut. 

" We are here. " Akshay said while setting me down. We were at the back of the venue where wedding was held and a corner of it was decorated with lights and flowers. Some rug was laid down and to make it like a bed against the fence. A whole lot of pillows were scattered and a low lying table with a laptop on it was placed on one side. A blanket on another. 

"This is.." 

"Speechless, Mrs. Singhania. I can be romantic too." Akshay boasted and I can only agree with him. 

This was the sweetest and most comfortable date ever. We laid down in the blanket and watched movies while enjoying authentic Italian pizza. 

--XX--