Nutella?

A/n: I want to apologise for yesterday's chapter, I can't remember writing it I was kinda on two hours of sleep at that point and I literally.... I just don't have an excuse. Also theis is no.9 in the avengers tag!!! Tf? How did that happen? Also thinking after I finish this I'm gonna do a Harry Potter fanfic that's in the back of my mind.

———

Y/n's POV

It's been an hour now, why is this room so boring, they should have a plant or something, it's not like they can't afford it.

You know what would be more irritating than silence? Random talking and avoiding questions. I smiled beneath my mask, what song should I sing to annoy them?

The first song that came to mind was 'Renegades' by X Ambassadors. It just made me think off all the nights out in the streets when it was just empty roads. So I leaned back away from the desk and stared at the ceiling and hummed to myself, its not what I planned but I'm saving the rick roll. I know it's not annoying but it's the fist that I thought of.

If I say so my self I wasn't that bad. I went on for a few minutes and repeated it over again. I was relaxed now, but not long after the Winter Soldier came in. I'm seeing the same two people a lot today.

He comes in and moves the chair that he's supposed to be sitting in so that his back is facing the mirror. That's an odd choice but understandable. He rested his arms on his legs and leaned forward so he was closer to me.

"Who do you work with?" His voice was deep and frightened? He sounded frightened. Maybe I'm hearing things. There isn't something funny I can say to this so I don't say anything. Does it even have to be funny? And now I'm questioning my own rules, I feel like I'm mentally dying.

What I just now noticed was the Winter Soldier standing up and towering over me. Would you look at that, he's got a bit of stubble going on, if I was older he'd be hot. Well he can be hard regardless but-

He snaps his fingers on his human hand in front of my face.

"I will ask you one last time. Who. Are. You?" He gritted out. He must have been talking earlier, I should stop zoning out.

He slammed his fist down on the table leaving a huge dent and my heart racing in shock. I gulped, he raised his fist again and I start panicking. I can deal with faceless robbers and all those people but now looking into the the eyes of this man, standing not even a meter away with his fist raised in anger, terrified me.

I tried raising my hands to protect me but I couldn't move them that far. I looked away and raised my shoulders out of instinct, I held my breath waiting for the pain to come.

I heard the door slam and looked up instantly to an empty room. I let out the breath I was holding but I couldn't relax my shoulders.

I look back at the clock again, it's half one in the morning. The light isn't too bright so inched my chair closer to the table and thankfully it's a big chair, clearly made for stronger and bigger people, and I folded my legs on my seat. I leaned forward and folded my arms on the table and rested my head on my arms.

A tear fell from my eye and dried into my sleeve as quick as it fell, as if it was never there. Just like the countless others I've shed.

I drifted off into an restless and uncomfortable sleep.

I woke up several times during the night and just moved my head over to my other arm each time. By the 9th time I woke up I was frustrated. I was eight now so I should have gotten over 6 hours of sleep but it felt like I hadn't slept at all.

The door creaked open gently to reveal Hawkeye holding two trays.

"Good morning," he said with a gentle and quiet voice. I nodded my head in greeting.

He had a slight smile as he walked over and placed a tray on my side of the table, it conveniently covered the dent from the metal hand. On it was a bowl of Cheerios and two slices of toast. He sat the other tray on his side and mimicked the way I was sitting.  His tray had the same contents except there was a large jar of Nutella, which he slid over to me with an eyebrow raised.

"Nutella?" He asked. I hesitated but reached out and took it and carefully spread it out on my toast.

"My name is Clint," he said when I handed it back to him. I sighed.

"Y/n," I whispered but he caught it, at least I didn't say my last name so I suppose no harm done. And at least he has som manners.

I looked down at the food, I was so hungry. I mean they have already seen my face so no more harm can really come. I took off my mask and put it on the table. I saw Clint smile softly.

When I say the food was heaven, I mean it. I've never really had anything sweet before, I needed to save my money for proper food. I hummed in happiness by the time we had finished. Clint looked happy as well. He stacked the trays and I put back on my mask, I know it was pointless but it made me feel safer. Especially since the dent was visible again.

Clint took the trays and I assumed I was going to be alone again but he placed them outside the door and came back into the room with a key?

"I don't think you want to be in here do you?" I knew the question was rhetorical because I had no choice so it doesn't matter what I want. He continued on, "unfortunately you'll still have to be handcuffed on the way but you get your own bed."

I get a bed?! I was over the moon, I have always wanted to know what one felt like, a proper bed.

Clint came over to me slowly and unlocked the cuffs that kept me at the table. The ones on my wrists stayed on though, just like he said.

"Thank you," I smiled a genuine smile this time and I know he could see it in my eyes.

With that we stepped out of that room.