Nightmare?

Y/n's POV

The sharp feeling of a foot kicking my ribs woke me up. I cried out in pain. He was here early.

"Get up brat," the voice of my horrible father greeted me. "I'm in need of entertainment."

I get up as quick as I could and stumbled into the room, only to be kicked to the floor again.

"On the floor bitch, where you belong," he growled.
He came from behind and tied a rope around my neck and dragged me across the room to his knife shelf. He grabbed the first knife he saw and in turns he took my hands, feet and knees and cut them up painfully. My vision was blurred and I couldn't see very well, it was all just a swirl of red and pain.

"I want you to crawl laps around the room pig, start now I'll be back to watch," he said once he'd finished. He had let go of the rope and I scrambled to move forward.

The blood was slippery and each time I touched the floor I was hit with a new wave of pain. I had no idea how many laps I had done before I felt my head jerk backwards by my neck.

It was father. He had placed a chair in the centre of the room that I just now noticed, he had a bunch of snacks in his hands but what scared me most was the beer he had. You can never tell what drunk people are going to do.

"Useless, you need to be moving faster than that, it's the least you can do."

I moved forward faster than before, I felt close to collapsing. The next thing I heard was the crack of a whip. Then the pain came.

"Move faster you piece of shit."

*crack*

"There isn't a single thing you can do right."

*crack*

"Maybe I should get your brother in here to teach you a lesson."

No!

*crack*

"He's everything you're not."

No please no. I pleaded silently.

*CRACK*

I gasped as I woke up, it was just a terrifying nightmare. I know I wasn't screaming but I could feel my tears and I felt disoriented.

Where am I? I am so confused.

The room was big but simple. The cloud that is the bed must be a double bed because it was a really big bed, there was a desk opposite covered in sheets of paper. There's also a wardrobe next to it and a door beside that, there was another door that was further away which I presume leads out of this room. Whoever lives in this room is clean at any rate and by the looks of it hard working.

There was a small nightstand next to the bed with an alarm clock that read 4:21 and a book that I didn't check the title of because my mind was racing.

I know one thing I'm in the avengers tower, that's all I can remember.

I go to lie back down, maybe more sleep might help. But the minute I close my eyes the nightmare flashes before my eyes. I remember that day, it was one of many but it was the reason I don't like being stuck on the floor. Which is why I'm thankful I have my wind powers.

In a slight panic I pulled off the covers to see if I could find anyone. I hesitated before opening the door. But as I closed my eyes to concentrate more flashes and new tears came of it.

It was a large hallway filled with doors on one side and a huge window on the other that went down the length of the hall. The doors I could see each had a little symbol to differentiate them. Deciding which direction was easy, always left.

I slowly approached the first door it had a star in the middle of a circle. I'm not exactly sure what it meant but slowly I reached up and knocked on the door.

I heard scrambling inside, then the door clicked and  opened to reveal a slightly panicked Captain America.

"Y/n?" I looked up at him and slightly shivered, why is it so cold in the tower???

"Oh you were crying are you okay?" He pulled me into a hug before I could answer. It wasn't what I intended when I knocked on the door but now that it was happening I didn't really care about what I was looking for.

"Did you have a nightmare? You can stay here if you want," he pulled me inside and closed the door, he also locked it, not creepy at all.

"Loki you can come out now, y/n you won't say anything about me and Loki right?"

I nodded.

I was slightly shocked, he trusted me already? Someday someone is going to take advantage of that.

Loki popped up from the other side of the bed, he looked really shy and had a pink tinge to his cheek from what I could see with the small light on Captain America's nightstand.

"Loki I know you don't get on with other people but I need you to help me look after y/n okay?" Captain America squeezed my shoulders. Did I just get adopted? Wtf.

"O-okay," Loki was hesitant but he beckoned Steve and I over after a short second.

Captain America guided me over and onto the extremely large bed. And before I knew it I was sitting in front of a god while they plaited my hair. Captain America had gone to get me a glass of water so it was just the two of us. They finished with my hair and I turned around and gave them a hug. They were surprised at first but I had explained that no one has ever done my hair before and they said that they would do it for me more often.

"Can I try doing your hair sometime?" I asked Loki as Captain America returned with three glasses of water. One for each of us.

"Since it's Sunday today I won't be getting up early for my morning run so we can go back to sleep now if you'd like," Captain America asked me as I drank half of my glass. I hadn't realised how thirsty I was. I nodded to answer his question.

And again before knew it I was wrapped in the arms of Captain America and the god of lies and mischief, although it was more Loki's arms around me and then Captain America's arms wrapped around both of us.

Loki is giving off bottom energy, I internally laughed at the thought as I once again drifted off to sleep but this time no nightmares came and I felt the safest I've ever felt as I fell asleep.

———

A/n: so that happened... sorry but I just had to make frostshield happen in this fanfic also Loki is definitely the bottom in the relationship and I had to put it in. Actually no I take back my apology.