Baking

Y/n's POV

I sat down in the shower, luke warm water dining over me. The sleep over last night was fun but we stayed up most of the night instead of sleeping. I felt more tired than if I was to sleep in my bed normally.

After I had washed my hair I turned off the shower and got out. I threw on Clint's hoodie, that I had stolen a while ago, and some shorts then tied my hair back in a low ponytail to dry.

Not knowing what time it was I emerged from my dark cave-like room, why? Because I'm an idiot.

When I reached the living floor I looked around, there were a few people just around the place. I made my way over to the kitchen for something to drink. No one was in the kitchen so that meant no human interaction at least.

After chugging a huge glass of water for no reason  I wondered what I'm going to do for the rest of the day. Not much hopefully.

Just as I thought that, Clint and Bruce walked into the kitchen.

"Hi y/n," Clint said cheerfully suspicious. Bruce patted his back as though he knew what Clint a was thinking.

"Not now," Bruce sighed. "Y/n would you like to join us?"

"Uhhhh what are you going to be doing?" I question.

"We're gonna make brownies," Clint smiled.

"Sure," I hesitated. Is Clint going to make them prank brownies or something? I don't trust his, he's like a variant of the weasley twins.

It was actually really fun. They had no idea how to bake so I ended up showing them, it's not that hard to learn from the recipe. Dad- Clint kept trying to smear chocolate over Bruce's face, mine too but we ended up pulling an uni reverse and got him covered in melted chocolate before having to start melting more chocolate and butter in a double boiler.

Just as we were putting them in the oven Bruce stopped us saying something was missing, that when I suggested raspberries. That was it we got some raspberries and spread them over the brownies evenly. We put them in the oven.

Dad and I stayed in the kitchen and got spoons to eat the remainder of the batter in the bowl while Bruce decided to check up on Tony as he had been up in his lab for the last day and a half.

"These are gonna turn out great y/n," Dad said as we had nearly finished all the remaining batter.

"Thanks, although I just followed the recipe."

"Nah, you suggested the raspberries."

"Well Bruce was the one who said something was missing."

"Regardless of that thought, speaking of, the timer is almost up for you want to go find your other father so-"

I felt like someone kicked me in the chest.

Fuck y/n breathe he meant Bruce right? Okay get it together. Don't panic. Father is locked away he can't get you you won't have to see him again, no I will have to won't I? Shit thats shit, I'll have to see him but he'll be handcuffed right and he has no powers. I'll be okay. Breathe again come on. HOW DO I FUCKING BREATHE.

"Air in y/n, come on breathe for me please, deep breath in and out okay?" A voice broke through my mind rambling. I tried to do as it said. "That's in y/n, in and out in and out."

My vision was blurry but it soon came back into focus. I saw dad crouching down in front of me. That's when I realised I was sitting on the floor. Very comfortable choice y/n.

"I got you come here," Dad pulled me in for a hug when I heard two pairs of footsteps made it's way towards us.

My head was in dad's chest. But I recognised the voices. I wasn't listening to them but I did make out one sentence.

"I'll tell her about the trial later it's not for another week"

——————

A/n: sorry but short chapters. Lol 500k read and #8 in fanfiction holy shit