My best friend

A/n: hey people just starting this chapter on work break cause I'm alone and to scared to look up from my phone, let me know if there are any ideas that will improve the story. Thanks :]

Also another short one due to the fact that I'm exhausted but still want to post, terrible but I'll have a nicer chapter up tomorrow I promise.

20k reads pog.
————

Y/n's POV

"Dylan?!"

I heard a very familiar voice above me. I look up to see all the avengers looking over the edge of the rooftop.

I don't even have the energy to escape again. I feel exhausted.

I just stared at them and they stared back. They were observing my old sleeping bag with holes in it and my bag with my textbooks and clothes. I can feel the pity radiating off them.

Both of us were waiting for the other to make the first move.

I saw them speaking to each other but I can't read lips from this distance. But the next thing I know Clint and Tony climbed down the fire escape. I looked down at my feet hanging over the edge as they sat next to me. I sensed them sitting either side of me and copy the way I was sitting.

I don't know how long we sat there before I felt the need to cry again. My life is so pitiful, I have an abusive father and brother, no real friends, I was kidnapped, I got chased down by the avengers and then I escaped but they tracked me down again. 

I felt a hand pat my back and I jumped out of my thoughts. It was Tony Stark outside of his suit of armour. I wanted to attack him for the longest second but I'd be dead before I could get my knife close enough. Instead I went back to looking at my nearly falling apart shoes.

"Hey kid"

I nod for him to continue knowing my voice wouldn't work if I wanted it to.

"I got into your phone," he said as he handed it back, he must have scanned it all anyway. "We saw your messages, we don't think you mean us any harm. Also how does it feel to call the genius that is Tony Stark 'smol brain'?"

My head snapped up and looked him straight in the eye, he's lying right? I look to Clint to see if he's telling the truth. Clint however is busy glaring at Tony but he does eventually looked down at me and I can tell Tony is telling the truth.

"So now I don't even have what was supposed to be random strangers as friends anymore," I mumble to myself.

"I'm disappointed kid," Tony says in a joking tone. Clint must have glared at him because he quickly stood up and went back to the others.

This time I felt a hand rub small circles on my back in reassurance. It was Clint. He pulled me in to his side and wrapped his arm behind my back.

"Hey," he whispered to me. "I'm going to make an assumption that this is where your living."

He waited for me to answer, so I simply just nodded again and rested my head onto his shoulder.

"Why don't you come with our okay? We can give you a better room compared to the prison room you had, we'll give you a proper room. You can stay with us for the foreseeable future. We know of your circumstances with your father now thanks to Tony. And you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

He paused again and let out a small sigh.

"I know we haven't been texting you for very long but everyone always enjoyed hearing from you and now that we know you need help we want to help you. And you still have your friends, we are right here." He gestured to the roof where everyone else was.

Clint's POV

We all looked down from the roof as we discussed who we want to go down to talk to y/n. She was sitting on an old fire escape that overlooks a huge part of the city. It looks like she lives there now judging by the ripped sleeping bag and textbooks.

Everyone could see the tear stains and red eyes, and of course we heard her heart wrenching scream, that was how we found her as we spread across the city.

We all wanted to comfort our friend, Tony had searched up her pathetic excuse of a father and he had found cameras in his office building, and a very disgusting room. We planned on looking into exactly went on there properly, but we knew we needed to find y/n first.

We all also know that her dad will be dead bye the end of the week, one of us will see to that, ig might end up as a race.

Finally we agreed on Tony and I, although I was there to keep an eye on him.

We climbed down the fire exit and then I sat through 5 painful minutes as Tony tried to comfort our friend. I looked over her head and at me and knew that he needed to leave, thank god.

I hugged Y/n's and asked her to come with us, then I told her that we are still her friends and she launched at me! I was wrapped in the biggest hug I've gotten in a long time and then I heard five word that sound so small and heartbroken I almost cried, wait never mind, we both cried.

"Thank you my best friend."