|| 5. Tiredness ||

Oberoi industries was coming back on track. It was slowly and gradually achieving its past glory. Only because of one man, Shivaay Singh Oberoi. Ever since he had rejoined office after the whole Svetlana, Roop bua and Kalyani Mills fiasco, the company was getting back to what it was in the past. Of course, one of the major reason was also Shivaay's goodwill, his name in the business world was only enough. To add to it, his style of working, his business sense and his role in making the Oberoi industries the top most company was what made him so sought after. And that is what was happening now. His work has almost doubled given the current circumstances. Tej's health had been affected due to the happenings of the past few months and Shakti wasn't in the business very much. He wasn't capable of handling it and making decisions that could help the company grow. That meant that Shivaay only had to step up. And that was showing with the amount of hours that he spent in the office, he was working hard. Right now, he settled down in his chair of his cabin. He massaged his temples, kept his phone and glasses down and closed his eyes. Anyone who would see him could clearly tell that he was tired to the core. He was lost in his thoughts. He loved business no doubt, or he could say he came to love it when there was no other option in front of him. He had finished his work for the day. He took his phone since he hadn't seen it since the time of his meeting. He saw messages from Annika and Om. Annika had messaged him saying that she was going home after finishing her work. He saw the timing, she had sent that message at 7, almost 2 1/2 hours ago. She had also called him 4-5 times. He also saw the message Om gad sent 1 hour ago. The message read that they were waiting for dinner. Om didn't message him like this generally. He too had called. Shivaay realized he has been super late and should rush home now. Annika, Omru and others were waiting for him. And knowing their nature, none of them would have had their dinner without him. Quickly grabbing his coat and phone, he called up Khanna and told him to keep the car ready. All throughout the ride home, he was just mentally preparing himself to face Annika and her devars.

He was shaken out of his thoughts by Khanna's voice. He had reached home. Dreading what was going to happen, he cautiously walked in only to see Annika, Om, Rudra, Gauri and Bhavya watching a Shah Rukh Khan movie. He couldn't help but notice the fact that amongst all of them Annika was enjoying the movie the most. He came near them and became a bit annoyed when none of them noticed his presence. So to gain their attention, he fake coughed. That immediately made everyone turn their heads towards him. He said, "I am sorry I was busy in meetings and conferences and I didn't have my phone since afternoon. I actually forgot to take it with me. And when half and hour ago I came back to my cabin, I saw your messages and missed calls. Waise Om you don't message me like this regularly. Is it something special? Actually, you know what tell me about it while eating. I am super hungry. I know none of you have eaten, right? "

"Shivaay, you are right, I don't message and I did it today because it's something special. We are really sorry we behaved wrongly with you yesterday. Still you made us breakfast this morning. You apologized so now it is our turn. Me and Rudy have specially made dinner for you. We were waiting for you to come. And just to remind you, you are very very late.", Om said.

"Om, I am really sorry. Come on, let's eat. I want to taste whatever you guys have made. Especially Rudra's dish. I want to see how much has he improved. You guys go to the dinner table. I ll just wash my hands and come. "

Sitting down at dinner, Shivaay felt his tiredness fading away. He looked around to see his family laughing around heartily. He felt content. Maybe that is what everyone needs when one comes home after a tiring day at work. He was being the silent one at the dinner table since he had didn't have anything to talk. Not that he needed to. That department was being well handled by his wife, Rudy and his sisters in law. He was enjoying being the spectator and nodding his head in approval in between to show that he is not just physically but mentally present as well. The whole of dinner passed like this. After dinner, all were seated in the Hall while Rudra had gone to fetch his dessert. He soon bought it and Shivaay had to admit Rudy had certainly improved in his culinary skills. After dessert got over, Shivaay just got up and gave a tight hug to his brothers. Still in the hug, he said, "Thank you very much both of you. Your food was delicious, but more than that your gesture was more beautiful. I loved it. Thank you. "