|| 17. We are Inseparable ||

Annika returned back home in late evening. She entered the room to see Shivaay sipping his black coffee. She quickly ran and took the cup away from him. He looked quite shocked by her actions.

"Hey Annika, what are you doing? That is my coffee. You will spill it. Give it back to me"

"No, I won't. You are not supposed to drink this. Now onwards you will only have what I will give you, understand?"

"What is all this madness Anni?

" Why don't you get it Shivaay, it is for you only. Having such things is not advisable to you. I am already scared. Please listen to what I say"

"Hey, hey calm down. Okay, I will do as you say. Please don't fall weak. You are my strength Anni. If you only fall weak, then how will I be strong?"

" Shivaay, everything will be fine na?"

"I want it to be Anni. I badly, desperately want it to be. But I promise you that, if, to come back to you and Omru, I have to fight death, then I will."

"You are not alone. I am always there for you. This hand will always be clasped to yours.", she said while holding his hand.

"Yeah, I know. Come sit."

As they sat, Annika saw that Shivaay was observing her with a scrutinizing gaze.

"What? Why are looking at me like this?"

"Don't act so innocent Annika. You very well know why I am looking at you like this"

"No Shivaay, I don't know",  she said feigning innocence and fidgeting with Shivaay's watch.

"Annika"

"Shivaay"

"Anni, you just left a note for me and expect me to blindly believe that you had gone somewhere. I know very well that you had gone to meet the doctor, hain na?"

As her act got caught, she held his arms and laid her head on his bicep.

"Yes Shivaay. I am sorry. But yesterday you were drunk and I was also really scared. Sorry, I didn't tell you. You aren't angry na?"

"No Anni. I am not. Now tell me what did she say?"

Annika looked at him with a serious face and he understood that it was all that he had predicted and already been told.

"The same Shivaay. The condition is the same. The time period is also the same. And they will try their best to find a suitable heart for you. She has also given me a daily chart for you. Please follow it. For me"

"I will Anni. For you, I will do anything. Now please smile. Even if these are my last days, I want to see my smiling wife. She looks heavenly when she smiles."

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi, the next time you speak of death, I will only kill you with my bare hands. Understand?"

"Okay Baby, I promise I won't talk about it. Now please can we have dinner. I am hungry. We didn't even realise we have been talking for a long time", Shivaay complained like a child.

"Okay, you take the before dinner medicines. I will bring the dinner"

Once Annika brought dinner, she served him and he was about take the first bite when she stopped him. He looked surprised at her but smiled when he saw her forwarding a morsel to him. He happily had the food from her hands. As he was eating one morsel, he felt a tear fall on his hand. He looked up to see Annika crying. He lost no time in wiping her tears.