|| 7. Shivika ||

The tires of Annika's car was punctured. And here she was running late. Her mood wasn't much good given the incident that happened some time back. Just then, she heard a car's horn. Shivaay opened the passenger seat door and motioned Annika to sit. Annika sensed this to be the perfect opportunity and immediately got into the car. She purposely struggled with the seat belt so that Shivaay would help her. He did, though he didn't look towards her. Even Annika couldn't figure out because he had his shades on. He fastened the seat belt and started the car. Annika couldn't bear to remain quiet and he wasn't responding to any of her questions so she thought it would be better if she put on the radio. Bollywood songs started playing and she increased the volume so that he would get irritated and scold her. But when he didn't do that either, she switched it off and said to him, "Okay Shivaay, I am sorry. I shouldn't have made fun of you. I didn't mean to do that. Please please please forgive me. I promise you that I won't trouble you next time. Please atleast look at me. Talk to me na. You are scaring me now."
Shivaay looked at her and started laughing out loud. Annika was puzzled. He removed his shades and looked at her. She was even more confused now. To clear out her confusion, he said, "Seriously Annika, you thought that I would be angry at you for such a petty thing. I was not at all angry with you. Just thought that it would be fun to irritate you. "

"Shivaay, does it all look like a joke to you? You had scared me so much. You know, I was so scared. You know that how much I hate when you ignore me like this. Why did you do like this?

" Annika, I didn't know you would be so scared. I am really sorry. Now you don't be angry on me. I promise you I won't repeat it. Please please. "

"Shivaay, you very well knew I would be scared and I am angry too now. But I am not a Tadibaaz Bagadbilla like you. I won't remain angry on you."

"Come on Anni. I know you a bit too well. You won't remain angry is just your way of covering up. The truth is that cannot remain angry with me. It is not your cup of tea", Shivaay said flashing his smirk.

Annika looked at him and blushed but even then, she being she refused to accept defeat. She also responded back.
"You see, I am a good wife. I can't remain angry on you because you are just impossible. At this rate, I need to be angry at you 24/7."

"Ohh, is it? Then okay, let's do a challenge. We shall both remain angry with each other for one day. The one who fails to do so loses. What say?"

They both looked at each other intently and started laughing loudly because they both knew none of them could even remain angry with each other for 24 seconds forget 24 hours. By the time, Annika's office had come and she bid Shivaay goodbye but not before giving him a peck on his cheeks. He saw her retreating back and a smile adorned his face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 7 in the evening when Annika returned back to her cabin after finishing her meetings. Her phone rang just then. Seeing the caller's name, her face curved up in a smile. She picked up the call and heard the other person say, "Come down fast, I am already here. Waiting for you. I won't wait for long. "

"Really Shivaay, you won't wait? Okay then, I still have some work left. I know you have a lot of work. So you can go. As it is, you can't wait. I will ask someone else, to be precise I will ask my friend here Karan to drop me home. I am sure he won't mind."

She was about to cut the call when she heard him say angrily, "Excuse me ma'am, you are not going to ask any Karan-Sharan okay. He is just an employee of yours. Your husband is here waiting for you. Mind you, if you even talk to him I am going to kill him with my bare hands."