|| 18.All's Well that Ends Well ||

6 Years later:

The Oberoi mansion's living room was abuzz with activity. It was the Diwali festival and all were running here and there. But among all of this confusion was a little girl running towards her mother.

"Mumma", she exclaimed as soon as she saw her mother. She reached her and hugged her from her waist. Annika bent down and picked up her little cute daughter, Saanvi who had his eyes and smile like he always wanted.

"Saanu, why are you running all over the the house. You are only five years old and run around the house like a tornado. What if he sees you like this? You know na, he is coming back today."

"Yes, I know. And I also am waiting eagerly for him", she said cheerfully.

" Okay, my jaan. Now come, let's get ready. It is time for the pooja and his arrival"

And Annika took Saanvi to the room to get ready. After a few minutes, she readied up Saanu and made her sit on the bed while she herself got ready. But suddenly, she felt someone slip a necklace on her neck. She recognized that touch immediately.

"Shivaay, you came early. I am so glad. I thought you would get more late"

But Shivaay didn't answer and hugged her tight. He then broke the hug and kissed her forehead.

"How couldn't I have come early? You know that six years ago, on Diwali only, I had my rebirth and come back to you. So this is very special to me. Now, you wait here while I change and come"

He took his clothes and disappeared into the washroom. Annika wondered how come he didn't go to Saanu. She turned back and noticed that Saanu had run away, probably to Gauri who was pregnant. As she waited for Shivaay to come out, she reminisced the day of Shivaay's surgery six years back.

Flashback starts:

They did find a suitable heart for him in 2 1/2 months but the surgery was still risky. The result could go any way. Annika, Rikara and Ruvya waited with bated breaths outside for the 4 hours when Shivaay was inside. Annika was only remembering the night they had again become one weeks back. They had shed all their fears and vulnerabilities in front of each other. She was feeling really impatient and when she attempted to get up, she suddenly felt dizzy and before she knew it, she collapsed on the ground. Om and Rudra rushed to her and took her to a different room. The doctors ran some tests on her and asked them to wait for some time. The news that the doctors brought after around 20 minutes gave them immense joy. Annika was pregnant. When she woke up, she was given the good news. She immediately put her hand on her stomach protectively. Though she didn't feel anything, the feeling that the symbol of love of her and Shivaay growing inside her was magical. She asked Om and Rudy to take her out to Shivaay. They complied and took her out carefully. As they reached, the doctor came out from the operation theatre. All looked at her hopefully.

"There is no need to worry, he is indeed a fighter. At one point, we were losing him, but he fought hard and came back. I am fortunate to have treated a patient like him. We will move him to the regular ward. You can meet him after 2 hours. He will gain consciousness by then. Take care guys", the doctor said and left.

Those 2 hours of waiting were hell for Annika. It was tormenting for Annika more than when he was in the operation theatre. Finally, when the timing got over, she rushed inside the room. He was still unconscious. She went and sat beside him. She took his hand into hers and first placed it on her stomach. And then she took it and laid her head on it and laid down. After a few minutes, she moved as she felt Shivaay stir. She got up and saw that Shivaay was attempting to open his eyes. She caressed his forehead and feeling her touch, he opened his eyes. She smiled looking at him and he smiled even more when he felt her kiss on his forehead. Her lips lingered there for long and he also held her hands in support. But due to weakness, his hand slipped and went near her stomach a bit violently. She immediately went back and held her stomach in reflex. He noticed it and asked her in a slow and tired voice, "Anni, what happened? Why are you holding your stomach so protectively? I am sorry I didn't mean to hurt you. It happened by mistake."