|| 15. The News||

Shivaay came along with Annika back home to a silent one. Om and Rudra were no where to be seen. Just then, they heard some sounds behind. They saw Rikara and Ruvya come in. Annika, Gauri and Bhavya exchanged looks and realized that they both had also taken their respective husbands to talk and make them see each other's perspective. Shivaay tried to free his hand from Annika's but she instead held on to it tighter and gently rubbed her thumb on his hand in order to reassure him. He looked at her and she smiled back at him. He also held her hand tightly but did not speak. Annika came forward and took the initiative.

"Om, Rudy, me, Gauri and Bhavya didn't plan on your confrontation like this but I see that both Gauri and Bhavya had taken you out to talk and sort things out. So, I think you three should talk it out and try to sort things out as mature adults. Come on."

"Bhabhi, maybe we shouldn't. I mean more than me, Rudra and Shivaay should talk it out. The main disagreement is between them. Rudra, you talk to Shivaay." Om said while turning to Rudra.

Rudra held Bhavya's hand tightly and she also gave him a smile when he turned towards her.
But he just didn't want to move and look towards his eldest brother.

"I can't do it Bhavya. I don't want to."

Shivaay eased his hand out of Annika's hold and went towards Rudra.

"Is that why you didn't pick my phone even when I called you so many times?"

Rudra bowed his head down and refused to meet Shivaay's eyes. But that just irritated Shivaay more.

"Rudra, I have asked a question, so naturally I expect an answer from you. Yesterday, both of you had found your voices soaring right? Then what happened today. You both seem to have lost it"

"Shivaay, what happened yesterday was unfortunate, we agree... ", Om said but Shivaay cut him.

"... And yet you had the courage to look me in the eye and accuse me of neglecting you both. Didn't you?", Shivaay said cutting Om short.

" Well, that is what you did right? You did ignore us and on the top of it even shouted on us. Where did we go wrong? I mean, I agree that I shouldn't have shouted on you yesterday and I am really sorry for that but I don't regret whatever I said", Rudra said in a firm tone.

Om came forward and said, "Yes Shivaay, I also agree that Rudra shouldn't have spoken to you like that but whatever he said wasn't wrong. As your brothers, is it wrong to have expectations from you?"

"No of course not. But you said exactly what I had in mind. If you both have expectations from me, then can't I also have? Can't I expect my brothers to understand me when I find myself stuck? Can't I expect them to be by my side when I feel sad and broken? Whatever happened yesterday was a genuine mistake. I didn't do it intentionally. Our company needs time to cope and emerge stronger. It has been months since we have properly able to look into our business. For your kind information, I hadn't invited trouble in the form of Svetlana, Veer or Bua. If not me, who is going to run the business? Tell me, do you have an answer?", Shivaay said angrily.

Now Rudra really got agitated.

"We have always been with you. Even when you were such a stone hearted person in front of the world. You used to work 18 hours a day. We have always supported you. When Bua blackmailed you, when Veer threatened you, everytime we were there."

"This isn't all about the past Rudra. Things and situations change. Whatever happened on the day of the trip wasn't supposed to happen. It was completely unintentional. And just for your information, let me tell you that I would have ignored it and still went for the trip, all of us would have been doomed by now. I know that Sameer is nothing compared to me but still, his company is one of the top companies. And Mr. Shah has had good relations with me. So I had to go through with the deal. I don't need to make you guys understand that in what sensitive position we are. So excuse me, if right now, business needs me more.", Shivaay said looking at Rudra and Om.