Chapter Six

Still sat in the car seat, I blinked back at him in surprise. "Sorry, what?" I laughed, not being able to help myself.

My lips twitched. "You are having a kickboxing class?" I repeated slowly, wanting to make sure I had heard him right. 

 He swept a glare over me in annoyance, clearly not happy that I found it funny. "Yes, I do. Is that a problem?" he snapped.

"No, no, not at all," I smiled as I finished unbuckling my seatbelt. I quickly hopped out of the car, but then I suddenly raised up a finger as though I was remembering something. "After all, I always love it when I get a new student," I said with a flirtatious wink. 

His whole body went rigid, and he eyed me with an incredibly cautious gaze. "You're my instructor?" he clarified slowly, his eyes darting back and forth between mine in a clear panic.

  "Yup," I chirped smugly. Then with a final little chuckle, I slammed his car door closed and started to make my way over to the building.

Once in the changing rooms, I quickly threw on my black running shorts and a blue tank top before heading over to one of the private workout rooms.

Finding the room empty, I threw my water bottle over to the corner of the room before flopping down onto the floor. Staring back at the mirror in front of me, I let out a long sigh as my mind turned with thought.

I wasn't thinking about anything in particular at first, but soon my mind wandered over to the topic of Nathan. And if I was doing the right thing. 

I'm not an expert in morals or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's a really shitty thing to shove your way into someone's life just for their money. I'm sure deep down in that big obnoxious head of his, he had feelings. 

After a few more seconds of contemplating, I shoved all doubts to the back of my mind. I had to do this - It was for a good cause. It wasn't just for me; this was for my dad, my mum, and my brothers - and I'd sell all my morals if I could ensure that they were safe.

Taking a quick glance down at my watch, I let out a frustrated growl as I realized I'd been sat on the floor for ten whole fucking minutes.

How long does it take for one prissy asshole to get changed?

Rolling my eyes, I pulled my phone out of the side pocket of my leggings. Scrolling aimlessly through my messages, it didn't take me long to spot one from Brandon. It was a link to a music video, along with the caption: Do you remember when we sang this for the school talent show?

I quickly clicked on the video and then laughed as I saw the deepthroat music video load up. Brandon and I used to be obsessed with the questionable lyrics of this song back when we were 11. 

And like the two fools we were, we had decided to sing it in front of the entire school – teachers and all. Let's just say we barely made it to the fourth line before we got pulled off the stage for 'improper discussion of extreme sexual conduct and yadda ya ya.'

With a wide-bearing smile on my face, I pressed play on the song, and instantly the intro music echoed out from my phone and through the quiet studio.

At first, I let it play quietly, but slowly I pressed the volume higher bit by bit. Tapping a hand against my thigh, I started mouthing along to the lyrics.

Swaying back and forth, I let myself get lost in the music. Clearing my throat, in preparation for the next lyric, I smiled. "Mouth, wide open, mouth wide open. Put it so deep, I can't speak a sent-"

Before I could get the last word out, I cut myself off as I realized someone was staring at me. Or, more specifically that Nathan was staring at me.