Chapter Thirteen

Nathan abruptly closed his mouth and took a deep swallow as he took me in. 

His eyes journeyed boldly from my cleavage line to my waist before stopping at my thighs. He seemed fixated on where the dress's slit had exposed a slither of skin.

I am not usually one to get embarrassed at men's stares, but for some reason the heaviness of his gaze along with how dark, and hooded his eyes had become; made my cheeks feel a little bit warm. 

 As though in a world of his own, his eyes remained on my legs for a handful of seconds. 

Finally, coming to my senses, I cleared my throat. "Natalie, not to embarrass you or anything, but I think you have a little drool right there," I said as I tapped the corner of my lips with a little smirk.

The weird look in his eyes vanished, and Nathan whipped his head up at a speed faster than I'd ever seen. 

His eyes narrowed into unamused slits. "Ha, ha, funny," he spat sarcastically. 

Sparing me one more look of disdain, he stormed his way out of the changing room, and back into the main shop.

 "That didn't sound like a denial to me," I sang out to him with a laugh as I followed behind him.

 He simply ignored me.

Lisa, sat patiently in one of the waiting chairs, quickly rose as we re-entered the room. A radiant smile stretched over her face as her eyes did a swoop over my outfit. "You look beautiful," she gushed. "Don't you think, Nathan?" she probed as she spared a glance in his direction.

Nathan stiffened but reluctantly moved his eyes back to mine. With a controlled look on his face, he did another quick scan of me from head to toe. "She won't get kicked out of the restaurant this time," he commented slyly. 

Suddenly, his eyes dropped down to my hands. "Actually, wait a second, what's that?" he said as he pointed at the tied-up plastic bag in hand. 

"Duh, my old clothes. What, did you think they were going to disappear by magic?" I snickered.

 With a sigh, he snatched the bag from my hand. "I'll get the saleslady to store them around the back. I can't have you embarrassing us again, he snapped rudely.

Then before I could say anything, he marched over to the till to pay for my dress. 

Wait a second, he was paying for my dress... As in, he was giving me money.

This was amazing, I wasn't even his friend yet, let alone his girlfriend, and he was already buying shit for me. I was way too good at this Gold-digging game.

When he was finished, we made our way back out of the shop and started to head towards the restaurant. I quickly saddled up to Nathan's side. 

"So, how much did this cost you?" I asked curiously.

 "I don't know, not much, a couple thousand or something," he mumbled dismissively. 

I stopped walking. "A couple thousand fucking, what!" I gasped, my voice coming out in practically a shout.

 An elderly couple happened to pass by as I said that, and they gave me a distasteful look from across the street.

  Oopsies... 

Nathan let out a dramatic sigh and angled himself slightly back to look at me. "Can you calm your dramatic ass down before I uninvite you," he grumbled rudely. 

I narrowed my eyes and then childishly pulled a face at him. 

Soon enough, we re-entered the restaurant, and like last time, the waiter greeted us at the door. His eyes glanced over my outfit, and he visibly relaxed as though the sight of me out of my ratty jeans was a comfort to him.