Chapter Sixty-Seven

It was on my seventh, or maybe eighth beer, when the world around me started to spin. With my half-empty bottle, I stumbled my way through the party with a goofy smile on my face. It was a bit of a struggle and my heels rocked against the floor as I tried to maintain balance.

Eventually, I managed to get myself over to the sofas, and I ungracefully flopped myself down onto it. I squeaked in surprise as my butt, and bare thighs came into contact with something warm.

 I looked over my shoulder in a daze and widened my eyes as I found myself face to face with a brunette man with light freckles on his face. He pulled a small metal tube from his lips before rudely blowing a thick white smoke right in my face. Once it had cleared up, a smirk drew to his lips. 

It was only as I felt his fingers curve into the sides of my waist, did I register that I had fallen into his lap. I didn't think much of it and stared at him inquisitively. 

"That air smelt like chocolate," I pronounced, slurring my speech slightly. 

The guy let out a breath of a chuckle, so the corners of his eyes crinkled. "Yeah, it's the flavouring of my vape, smarty-pants," he snickered. 

"Oh," I said with the tilt of my head, despite the fact I didn't understand a word he was saying.

"Do you wanna try?" the guy said, waving it around in my face. 

I looked down at it and then at him before shrugging, not seeing any reason why I shouldn't. It was just a silly little stick. With one hand weirdly massaging my thigh, the guy leisurely flipped the object's mouthpiece in my direction and lifted it to my lips.

It never quite got the chance to touch them before it was rather abruptly snatched away. "The fuck, are you doing?" a voice hissed from behind me.

 I turned back around to the source of the voice and found myself staring into the steaming hot eyes of Nathan woods.

His jaw was clenched so hard that it looked as though he might break some teeth, and I could see his hand looked as though it was digging painfully into his arm. So, long story short, he looked like a very grumpy bunny. A hot bunny though.

"Grumpy bunny," I said with a giggle as I pointed up to his face. 

Nathan looked momentarily confused, but then he shook his head at me. "Look, just get up. We need to get some food in you," he ordered.

 I shook my head firmly. "Nah, I'm not hungry. I think you should give Mr freckle boy back his little sticky; he was about to raise it to my lips. I want his stick in my mouth," I said, nodding my head matter of factly. 

The guy I was sat on started laughing against me for a reason that was completely unbeknownst to me.

This seemed to piss Nathan off even more. Lunging forward, he grabbed hold of my wrist and ripped me off of his lap. "That's it, I'm taking you home," he said. Nathan rudely threw the metal stick back into freckle- boys face before tugging my wrist, so I fell heavily against his side.

"Come on, dude, give her back. She fell into my lap, not yours," the guy on the sofa piped up angrily.

Nathan's expression turned deathly cold as he stared the guy up and down. "What? So, you think you have a right to take advantage of people who are clearly intoxicated, do you?" Nathan scoffed. 

The freckled boy stilled and didn't say a word. "No, no, I'm genuinely curious. Do you?" Nathan probed with a bitter laugh. The tone he was speaking in was both terrifyingly scary yet terrifyingly hot all at the same time. A weird combination, but it worked.