.I Think I Ki11ed Him.

Before anyone could ask me about the reason behind my words we heard someone yelling in a foreign language

The Fjerdans

Fedyor and Ivan exchanged knowing glances and turned to us with a worried look in their eyes

"Stay here and don't leave" Ivan said while glancing at Alina and then at me with a serious look. His eyes stayed on me a little lomger than they did on Alina.

He opened the door and crouched out of the carriage, Fedyor started to get up to leave as well but halted and looked at us apologetically

"He means well" with that he was out

Me and Alina exchanged a glance, I could see that she was still on an edge

"It's going to be okay. We are going to be okay" i put my hand on Alinas to provide her some assurance. She gave me a small smile and nodded her head once .

"DRüSKELLE" our heads snapped towards the direction from which the shout came from. Alina turned her hand so that our palms were connected and held my hand. She was scared and so was I.

There was more shouting and we also heard some gunshots. Alina didn't knew what was going on outside, but i did. Grishas were dying and we couldn't do anything about it. At that moment i felt helpless, powerless even.

With every gunshot Alinas hold became tighter. She looked at me, slidded towards the window on her side and peeked through the curtin. Just then bullets were shot on the carriage. Alina screamed and crouched down on the floor of the carriage, pulling me with her.

"SHARPSHOOTER" yelled Ivan

"Go to the carriage! Protect the girl!"

Just then smoke started filling the carriage from below. It made us cough hysterically. We moved away from the floor and towards the door in hopes to get some smoke-free air in our lungs.

The  doors of the carriage suddenly burst open to reveal a man with thick beard. He said something in his native language which i remember meant 'Witch' and started pulling Alina out by her ankle.

I held her hand and started pulling her in the opposite direction.

"Alina kick!" I yelled

She immediately kicked the dwarf man square in the jaw and he fell back. I quickle pulled Alina inside the carrige. She was shaking and holding onto me like he life depended on it.

We didn't have time to celebrate our small victory as two more men both bigger and bulkier than the previous one came to the door.

One man held onto me and the other one held onto Alina. I tried to get out of his hold but he was too strong. He held my arms so tight that i could fell a bruise beginning to appear. Me and Alina were pulled in the opposite direction with both of us thrashing to escape. A heartrender saw me being taken away, he immediately pulled her hands together and performed his small science. I felt the hold of man become looser and looser, he looked to be in a daze. I immediately took action and pulled my arms free, frantically looking around i saw a long cuboidal piece of wood. I instantly picked it up and bashed it in the Fjerdans' head. After hearing a somewhat satisfying crack the Fjerdan fell to the ground.

Still holding the piece of wood i ran back to look for Alina. I ran in circles for few minutes but ultimately found her lying on her back and the Fjerdan straddling her with a huge knife in his hand.

I ran towards her, with all my power slamed the wood in the Fjerdans' head. This time i could feel the blood being splattered on my face. The Fjerdans' body fell to the ground where he layed motionless.

I think i killed him

I threw the wood and turned to look at Alina. She was still looking at the place where the Fjerdan last was, shocked.

I put both my hands on my hips, taking a deep breath i looked up at the sky

What has my life become? I thought to myself. Just yesterday i was a depressed Psychiatrist, ironic. And now i was fighting ,and killing, full grown men. As much as it made me feel badass i still didn't want to do it again.

I cleaned the blood off my face using the arm of the kefta i was wearing, not bothered about ruining it, it wasn't mine anyways

I heard horses and turned to look at the person who i was waiting to see since we last met. In a swift motion he came down a moving horse and speed walked towards us. He stopped a foot in front of me and looked down at Alina then at the possibility dead Fjerdan and then at me.

"What did you do?" He asked lowly looking atraight at me

"I.....I killed him, i think" i said pointing towards the motionless mountain of a man on the ground

Kirigan looked at the man then at me. He sat down and touched the mans' neck.

"He's alive" he said still looking at the man "Barely" he was looking at me still kneeling on the ground. I'm surprised that he didn't stand up seeing this position made it look like he was submitting to me.

I didn't kill him. I thought happily

Afer a few seconds he stood up without breaking the eye contact. The eye contact only broke when we started hearing Alina hyperventilate. We both turned to look at her. She was still lying on the ground looking like she had seen a ghost. I offered her my hand but she didn't seem to notice.

I had to call her a few times to be able to reach her. On my fourth try she snapped out of it and looked at my outstretched hand. Slowly she took it and stood up shakily.

"Are you hurt?" Kirigan asked Alina seeing the blood on her face

"No, not really"

"The others will have fled now they know I'm here" he said not moving his eyes away from her 

I'm not a jealous person, but i still felt some kind of way when i heard the words i was already expecting

"You ride with me" the darkling said looking right at Alina.