.Famous In a Good Way.

Not even after two minutes i was harshly woken up from my slumber. Opening my eyes i noticed that the room was now full of people, nearly ten people were standing in front of me and even though the room was big the place felt a bit claustrophobic. I sat up and rubbed my eyes in frustration, squinting to see the person who woke me from my extremely short nap.

There were maids standing infront of me in a line. Their hair covered with what looed like embroidered shower caps and hands folded neatly in front of  the skirts of their cream coloured dresses. They all looked at the floor like it was the most interesting thing ever, not even trying to steal a glance at me out of curiosity.

I turned to my right after hearing someone clear their throat.

"Good morning" it was Genya

She was breathtaking. Not like anyone i have ever seen. Her hair redder than most and her skin pale and smoother than all.

I continued looking at her not being able to take my eyes off of such beauty. She must have thought that i would tell her good morning in return or at least say something but when she noticed that i had no intention of speaking she continued

"You had a good night miss?" She asked, i knew she was just being polite rather than friendly

"Wait....night? I slept for a whole night?" I asked dumbfounded, my eyes falling to my beadsheet, it was a shock rather than a surprise for me. I have never been able to sleep in the past. Before, even when i took dangerous amount of sleeping pills i was still unable to close my eyes. But yesterday i didn't even question it. I just closed my eyes and fell asleep. Like It was just that simple, like i have not been suffering for the last many years beating myself up about not being able to dream.

I looked up to find Genya looking at me concerned. I know i should have said someting to ease her but i could not stop smiling. My smile was so wide that it hurt my face to keep it in place. Tears were starting to fill my eyes. Happy tears. I don't think i have ever been this happy in my entire life.

Genyas' face morphed into complete and utter horror. She looked....scared. her expression reminding me of my own when i used to look at myself in the bathroom mirror after having woken up from another nightmare. That was when the insomnia started.

I blinked the memories and my tears away and gave Genya a somewhat normal smile.

"I had a wonderful night."

"Um....we came here to assist you in getting ready. To meet-" i cut her off

"To meet the king and Queen"

"....Yes." She said her expression was now back to normal, Looking professional and upright.

"Alright" i started pushing myself off the bed. Before my feet could touch the cold floor one of the maids rushed forward to put cream coloured embroidered slides on my feet.

I was a little surprised when she suddenly came at me my heartbeat jumping up for a second but released a breath when i realised what she was doing.

I stood up as Genya gestured the maids to take me to the bathroom. One of the maids stated to come towards me, i immediately held my hand up. The maid stopped in her tracks, she was still not looking up and i wondered how she even knew that i wanted her to stop.

Putting my hand down i turned to Genya.

"I am fully capable of cleaning myself. I will not be needing your services for that"

Genya nodded her head once and took a step aside.

"I will not take long, i know you don't have much time" i promised as i walked into the bathroom and shut the double doors.

I quickly removed the godawful military uniform wondering how i ever managed to fall asleep in it in the first place and sat in the already filled tub

A sigh escaped my lips as i lowered myself in the warm water. My aching muscles relaxing. Picking up the sponge and soap i quickly scrubbed my body and washed off the soap.

Picking up the fluffy towel resting on the side of the tub along with a grey robe I dried myself,  put on the grey robe and walked out.

Genya was now standing by the dressing table, not a single made to be seen. She gestured for me to sit.
As i sat she started unpacking the big wooden box that was sitting on the dressig table.

She looked at me probably assessing which parts of my face needed fixing. Taking a hold of my hand she assessed the skin of my palm lined with red, blue and purple. I didn't even realise that the bruise was there until now. She passed her hand over it once and where there reasted blue before now was replaced with pale white. She did the same to my other hand and then my inner elbow fixing all the scars and bruises.

Then she moved to my face. For a minute she stood there looking at me not doing anything. She looked at my hair, forehead, eyes, nose and lips. Releasing a breath from her nose she passed hand over my whole face once and then my eyes and lips. She picked up a white shiny stone from the box and passed her hand over my hair while looking at it.

"All done" she declared admiring her masterpiece for a second and then moving to pack her things.

I picked up the mirror to find a healthier and shinier version of me. The blue of my eyes was brighter, my lips and cheeks tinted pink and my hair lustrous white. I was me but not me at the same time.

"It's amazing. I look amazing" i breathed still looking at myself.

"Your welcome" i looked up to see Genya smiling at me for the first time, her teeth whiter than pearls. Giving her a smile of my own i stood up .

"There are clothes on the bed that you have to wear while meeting the king" she nodded towards the bed and started walking out of the room as i walked towards the bed. I heard the door open but did not hear it close instead i head Genya

"Why didn't you ask me what grisha i was?" i turned around to find her looking at me with curosity filling her eyes

I gave her a smile "I know you are a Tailor, Genya" her name sounded weird on my tongue. Foreign.

"You are more famous than you give yourself credit for." Her expression were that of sadness and i knew that she had taken, what i said, in a completely opposite way

".....in a good way. Famous in a good way" i said with as much conviction as i could and i hopes that it lifted her spirits

"Be ready in an hour" she gave me small smile before closing the door behind her.