.You Saw Me.

I stood beside the huge window in my room wearing the hideous uniform, waiting for Genya. As if that wasn't bad enough she also gave me a black cloth with silver embroidery almost same as the one she gave Alina in the series.

I fumbled with the fabric in my hands, looking down at it to examine the intricate pattern. As much as i hated putting it on my head i couldn't help but admire the beautiful fabric, shining as it caught some light from the window. I tore my eyes away when i heard someone knock on the door only to find Genya standing in my doorway giving me a small smile. She gave me a swift nod and i hurriedly placed the fabric on top of the army green hat on my head while walking out.

Outside i could see Alina wearing the same veil but in gold and she looked just as ridiculous as me. Genya took one look at me, nodded her head once and ushered us to hurry.

"No army uniform includes a veil" Alina said from behind her veil. From her tone i could tell that she hated it as much as me.

"You look fine" Genya assured with a flat tone without looking back at her

"Say i wanted to leave The Little Palace" Alina asked while jogging to stay in pace with Genya

"I've got some things I've forgotten back at the camp. I could just go bac-"

"Don't be ridiculous" Genya interrupted in a carefree manner

"This way"she said as we turned right
I followed Genya without any hesitation. I was walking with my head straight, looking ahead when i heard weird sounds coming from my right. I turned to see the source and found Alina trying to push her veil away by blowing air from her mouth.

Genya finally turned to look at Alina with a horrified face.

"Stop that" she hissed

"No on can see you until king Pyotr does" she said as she stopped walking

"You saw me" i said monotonously
Genya stopped in her tracks, turned around and gave me the look that clearly without a doubt meant 'Shut up before i make you'

I guess Alinas constant whining had already exhausted her patience

Genya turned back around and continued walking

I looked in Alinas direction. The only part of her face that i could see was her lips everything above that was covered by the veil. Her head tilted in my direction sensing that i was looking at her. She looked at me for sometime and then turned to face the front.

I might have imagined it but i think she smirked.

For a long moment after that we just walked, no talking, no questioning just walked. Until i saw Genya stop in her tracks and turn around. She wasn't looking at me but something behind me.

I turned back to see Alina looking at herself in the mirror we just passed.

I released a long breath. If we kept on moving like this we would reach the hall tomorrow.

She lifted her veil, looking at herself from head to toe, releasing a frustrated sigh

"This outfit is ridiculous" she placed the veil down, her head bending down a bit

Genya moved from behind me and walked towards Alina grabbing her by the arm and pulling her to make her walk.

"Sadly, this is how the king sees the first army" there were no emothins in her words as she spoke. Probably because she does not know anyone from the first army.

"He cares little for mudblood or sacrifice" Genya released Alinas arm as we continued walking

"Shouldn't i be in a kefta?" Alina asked her disappointment clearly leaking through her words.

"Oh, no" the red head turned around her eyes trained at Alina

"The king expects to see a human girl plucked from the ranks of his army. He wants to take the credit for you. You'll get a kefta once he's witnessed your power"

"So he'll test us first to make sure we're the real deal" i asked looking at her from under my veil

"Exactly" and we started walking again

After walking some distance we reached a closed french door which two soldiers opened for us. Stepping through it we reached outside.

As we walked some steps i could sense an additional set of steps, i could hear them too. This is not something that happen all the time. I can clearly hear the the person's shoes hitting the stone floor but not even Genya seemed to notice the new arrival.
Finally i turned to looked back, first thing i saw was black leather boots then a heavy long black cloak. Turning my gaze up to the persons face i realized it was Kirigan.
For a moment my eyes were stuck to his face and from the looks of it his were stuck to mine. The more i looked at him the more the surroundings started to fade, the more i forgot that Genya and Alina were slowly walking away while i stood there. It was Genyas yell that pulled me out of whatever that was.

"General!" Genya started walking back to us with Alina on her side. She bid goodbye to us something about tending to the queen, leaving us with kirigan who started walking towards the garden. Alina stated following him without a second thought like he was not the man who had committed mass murder multiple times.

I stood there for a minute but followed them nonetheless.

I managed to catch-up with them before they reach the entrance.

"Oh saints..." Alina sighed looking at the grand palace palace as it came in view. Her veil was lifted.

"I think Grand Palace is the ugliest building I've ever seen" as i lifted my own veil, i recited the line Kirigan was about to say. I wouldn't be fun if i didn't do at least this while i am in here.

Kirigan stopped in his tracks forcing me and Alina to also stop with him. He turned around and looked at me with a lifted eyebrow.

"Oh.." was all he said as he started walking

"How could you say that?" Alina stated her eyebrows lifted so high i was afraid that they might fly off to heavens, her voice a little higher than usual.

I looked at her and then at Kirigan. He continued walking like he was not bothered at all.

"What.? That's the truth"

? That's the truth"