.What Does He Have To Do With Me?.

Looking down at the shadows, i couldn't believe what i heard. I snapped my head up to look at the man whom the shadows were warning me about, to find him doing the same. He was looking at me with a somewhat confused expression. His eyebrows knitted together in a frown.

Why was this man always the centre of all the problem? In 'Shadow and Bone' he was the one who had been the source of most of the problems, even now it seems like my problems are also somehow related to him. Am i being tormented for finding his character relatable? For thinking that he deserved redemption as much as anyone else? That can't be it.... His character was complex. He could've easily been saved by anyone but the fact that no one cared enough to do just that, made him what everyone already thought he was... The Villain. He told Alina to make him her villain but he was the one who made himself the villian because he believed that he truly was what everyone thought him to be.

But what does he have to do with me?

I tried concentrating, to see if i can squeeze another word from the shadows. I moved my gaze from Kirigan to the shadows creassing my hands, concentrating without blinking till my eyes started stinging. I could feel a tear threatning to fall.

Suddenly i heard it. Whispers. It was like hundreds...no...thousands of people were whispering in my ears, all at once. The difference was that these whispers did not sound human, no human could ever make this sound. But even though the whispers sounded inhumane they don't evoke any sence of fear in me..

'Save him'
'Help him'
'Save him'
'Help him'

It kept on repeating over and over. The whispering was growing lowder by the second, i had to cover my ears to prevent my tympanum from bursting. But it was of no use, instead of my ears the whispers were coming from my head. At some point i could no longer bear it, it felt like my head was being ripped apart. I fell on my knees, my hands still covering my ears even though i knew it did nothing apart from providing a false sence of assurance, shadows still surrounding us. I closed my eyes shut, letting the tears finally fall. The tears which had previously filled my eyes due to lack of moisture were now turned into tears of helplessness.

I screamed wanting to hear my voice instead of these dreadful whispers, but i couldn't hear anything. My voice was completely drowned out. I could feel someone shaking my shoulders but i could not open my eyes, the pain was getting too much to bear.

I don't know how long i screamed but suddenly the voices stopped and so did my screams as if my body knew when the whispers were going to cease. Slowly i removed my hands from my ears keeping them close, to cover them again if the voices ever returned. I opened my eyes and saw a crouched Kirigan. He was in front of me, also on his knees, his hands holding my shoulders. His eyes were wide filled with surprised and worry, his hair disheveled like he had just woken up. And i think there was some dirt on his face.

"What happened?" I could bearly recognise my own voice and my throat felt like i had just had a big meal full of sandpapers. I hoped that i hadn't done any permanent damage to my vocal chords. I closed my mouth and heard a 'crunch'. Cringing at the sound i repeated the action again and heard another 'crunch', realising that my mouth was filled with sand, I tried to spit but there was no saliva left in my mouth, it was as dry as the sahara desert.

"I don't know" Aleksander said lifting his hand to wipe away one of the tear that escaped my eyes. His eyes were full of pertubation and his expression warm and kind. Suddenly he pulled his hand away and all the worry that had previously pooled his eyes went away along with it. After studying my face a minute longer he stood up and offered me his hand. I took it not wanting to fall on my butt.

It was only in the standing position that i could clearly see the damage that i had caused. The huge tree which previously stood straight was now halfway uprooted and slanted at an angle. The grass was now nowhere to be seen and Alina and Aleksander looked like they just managed to survive a storm.

"I did this?" I asked not believing what i was seeing

"Yes" his eyes were on our intertwined hands, studying them and my eyes were on him. He looked innocent and not one bit like the villain he was made out to be

I remembered what the shadows were telling me .....

They were telling me to Save the Villain.

_________________________________________

Author's note:- Quick question Should i rename the story 'How to save the villain' or 'Saving the villain' or keep it as it is??If you have any other recommendations about renaming don't forget to tell me in the comments

Author's note:-
Quick question Should i rename the story 'How to save the villain' or 'Saving the villain' or keep it as it is??
If you have any other recommendations about renaming don't forget to tell me in the comments.

And don't forget to Vote. Comment. Share and Add to library.