.They Were Telling Me About Aleksander?.

He outstretched his hand for Alinato take. She looked at it and then at me. I gave her a subtle nod to tell her that it's okay. From my peripheral vision i could see that the general noticed my gesture but didn't say anything.

Alina took his hand and kirigan pulled her towards the direction of his horse. After walking two steps he stopped, seemed to remember that i also exist he turned back to look at me

"You can ride with Ivan, that is if you don't know horse riding" he said looking extremely unbothered

I tilted a bit to look behind him and saw Ivan standing infront of a brown horse with his arms crossed. He looked pissed off.

Even if I didn't knew horse riding, riding myself would still seem like the better option, i would rather take my chances than ride at least 12 hours with a pissed off Ivan. As much as i liked Ivan as a character i certainly don't want to make him angry or be near him when he is angry.

But fortunately for me i knew horse riding. Shortly after i became a psychiatrist i started hunting for hobbies to take up. I tried everything from art to swimming but nothing seemed to capture my fancy. On my journey of finding a suitable hobby i stumbled upon horse riding, it was my second most favouride hobby second to martial arts which i learned solely for defence purpose but fell in love with. If you want to live in a place like LA you have to have some knowledge on how to protect yourself.

"Thank you, but I will ride alone" without looking at him twice i walked past him towards the horse.

The general must have gestured Ivan to move because when i reached him, he checked the saddle one last time and walked away.

I mounted my horse and patted its mane since it was brown in colour and a female i decided to call her chestnut. Not very creative but still cute.

Kirigan and Alina reached the horse with him still holding her hand, he helped her mount the horse and followed suit. He sat behind Alina and held onto the head collor rope, an act which made it look like he was hugging her from behind.

He looked back at me once and started moving.

_________________________________________

After an unknown amount of infinitely long time and a lot of back pain, the generals horse started slowing down. Alina hurriedly came down the horse almost falling in the process, ran to the nearby tree and pucked her guts out at least it looked like she did.

I dismounted chestnut and ran over to Alina who was croutched with one arm supporting her, i moved my hand up and down her back and held her hair.

"It's alright, it's alright" i kept repeating to provide her some assurance.

After about ten minuted when she was done, she stood up and cleaned her mouth with the arm of her kefta.

Whomever these keftas belonged to would seriously have to get them thoroughly washed, for their own sake.

She stood straight panting and breathing deeply. Kirigan, who stood a few steps away from us, came forward and offered his handkerchief to her.

"For you face" he said looking at the line of dried blood on Alinas face.

Alina took the handkerchief and harshly wiped the blood off. I just stood there and watched them. I felt left out and lonely even more than i felt at my own house. I wondered if this is how it feels to be a side character. Watching a tv series while being in the audience felt exciting but here i just feel ...disregarded.

I didn't realise i was staring into space, when Alinas voice broke me out of my chain of thoughts. I looked at her and saw terror in her eyes as she looked at me, slowly backing away. She was not looking at my face, her eyes were fixated on something below my face. I looked down and saw shadows swirling around my arms, from the tip of my fingers to almost my shoulder my arms were covered in pure darkness oozing out of the fabric of my kefta. I did not panic perhaps because there was nothing to panic about, this was my own power. The more i concentrated on the shadows the more it felt like they were whispering, trying to tell me something. Subconsciously I lifted my arm and examined the shadows more closely trying to understand what they were whispering about, it seemed like they keep on repeating the same thing.

Suddenly some of the shadows started moving away from me, they traveled slowly to my right, i turned to see where they were heading to.

Towards Kirigan

The shadows coiled around his arms like they did with mine and surrounded him. Kirigan did not resist, he stood there looking at his arms in awe.

I started to feel a pull in my whole body.  I was getting pushed towards him. It felt like every cell of my body was trying to get me to him. I tried to resist but thanks to my poor lower body strength i was not able to. Slowly but steadily i was getting pulled. I looked up and saw Kirigan looking at me, And instead of indifference and aloofness i saw raw emotins in his eyes. He was Concerned and afraid.

I reached him and the shadows which were present around me merged with shdows around him. The shadows merged like they were never even separated in thr first place and now we both stood in a circle of shadows.

The whispering of the shadows grew lowder. The words slowly started to become somewhat corrigible.

'Him'

They were telling me about Aleksander?