.Aleksander Morozovas Poker Face.

"How was your rest?" Kirigan asked the two girls walking behind him, both unsure about their future.

Alina's eyes lit up like a toddler who's just been given a piece of chocolate. Upon finally getting an opportunity to speak to the general she couldn't quite contain her overflowing excitement.

"Restless!" she exclaimed "Despite Genya's magic, I didn't-"

"It's not magic." Kirigan cut her off mid sentence, his face not showing even an ounce of annoyance he was feeling with the talkative girl

"It's science. Or rather, small science." he continued while turning to glance back at the two girls, when his eyes met Aurelias. Even for just a millisecond they both felt their surrounding get slower, dimmer, further away. Kirigan often found himself getting lost in her sky colored eyes, it was weird for him to feel this way about someone he'd just met

What is this feeling?

He himself couldn't describe it. What even was he feeling? It definitely wasn't love, It couldn't be. He was not made for loving someone, or rather he wasn't capable of loving someone. 

It's just curiosity. He tried to convince himself, he's just curious of her powers. That's it.

The crunching of grovel beneath their feet brought him back to reality. He looked down at his feet, moving on their own accord and then back at how much he had walked.

He really needed to stop dallying.

"We do not conjure from nothing. We manipulate that which already exists around us." he finished his explanation to the two girls although, Aurelia already knew everything by heart.

"You make it sound so easy" Aurelia stated staring at his broad back. She was still finding it hard to process all of it. She would never admit it but she was one second away from fainting. She had only had something to eat before the car accident, least to say she was starving. Speaking also became a chore, a chore she didn't want to waste her energy on.

"A bird makes flight look easy. But it was born to do so. When its ready." Kirigan stated and paused, stopping and turning back to face Alina and Aurelia

Aurelias eyes moved from their previous position to his face

"So, be ready." Aurelia and Kirigan finished together. Almost instantly his eyes fell on her wondering where she had heard the saying that only ever he seemed to know for as long as he remembered.

Alina obviously not catching up, decided to speak.

"You're asking me to do something I didn't even know I could do three days ago" she finished with a perturbed look, looking solely at Kirigan with eyes as big as saucers

Kirigan closed his eyes for a second and took a breath before turning to Alina

"Do yo believe I brought you here to make a fool out of you." if one wasn't looking carefully they wouldn't notice the look of pure irritation in Kirigans eyes, which came just as fast as it passed, but Aurelia did. It was something she found herself doing quite a lot since coming here, her eyes never seem to be in accordance with her brain whenever she was near him. Always seeking him out, following his every move, the way he stands, the way he takes a deep breath in between sentences, she noticed all of it and instead of being irritated, she is mesmerized by everything this man does. She coundn't comprehend what she was feeling. 

Love? she thought. It couldn't be. She was not made for love. She was too broken to become someones world. Too flawed to be someones happiness. Love is what she considered an utter waste of time but still longed to have that kind of connection with someone. Damaged beyond repair is what she considered herself.

Kirigans voice broke her out of her self loathing 

"To make a fool of all of us?" he questioned, Aurelia noticed a twitch of his forehead as he continued "Just keep your focus on me, and you'll be fine."

Alina looked up at him from under her eyelashes as her cheeks tinted red

"Once he sees what you, both of you, can do and we have his blessing, you will remain here to train." Kirigan finished with a tight smile

"his blessing?" Alina enquired " I thought you ruled the Grisha."

Kirigans left eye twiched ever so slightly before regaining his usual calm expression which did not go unnoticed by a certain girl

"I may lead the second army but the king is still the king." He stated as he continued walking to the grand palace without looking back

One thing that Aurelia was sure of is that Kirigan really needed to work on his poker face.

However, what she did not know was that she was probably the only person in the world who could see through Aleksander Morozovas poker face.