.Yes.

My body was aching. Muscles screaming in protest as I pushed myself to a sitting position. I remember everything with extreme clarity, the shadows, the hurt. It felt like only minutes ago I was standing in the throne room waiting to demonstrate the powers which i didn't even possess two days ago and now i'm sitting in a huge room, in a huge palace made of gold. I swiftly moved my legs off the bed and let my bare feet touch the cold marble floor. Except for the muscle aches, there were no other side effects that a fainted person is supposed to have, nothing seems to be making sense in this place. 

I stood up and realized that my body was free of the abomination. Instead I was wearing a beautiful cream colored silk nightgown. I walked to the window which overlooked the garden and pushed aside the curtains. I saw myself looking back at me. Whatever little Genya had done seemed to have reached its limit. My hair were tousled from sleeping in an awkward angle, some of the hairs were sticking up, frizzy with static. I moved closer to the glass to get a better look when the reflection of the moon blended  with mine. I stopped. The moon was forming a silver halo over my head.  

"Beautiful" I whispered to no one. I admired the image, tracing every line with my index finger. My jaw, My hair, My eyes, The moon. They all seemed like puzzle pieces, fitting together like they have always been a whole, never broken. A movement in the background caught my attention. 

Someone was walking in the garden

That 'someone' seemed too familiar. He walked in circles around a statue for a few minutes. From the way his head was moving it seemed like he was talking. To himself, with his hands moving in different directions frantically as if explaining something. He walked to the stone bench and sat, his back to me, with his head in his hands, elbows perched on the knees. 

'Should I?.......' I thought  'No'

I don't know how long I stood there or how long he was sitting there, neither of us moving. I watched his hands, wrapping and unwrapping his hair around his fingers. His body swinging back and forth. His leg moving up and down anxiously. Even from this distance I could make out everything about him. 

I am afraid of him. I know it. I feel it. But I can't seem to keep my eyes away from him. From the first moment I laid eyes on him, standing behind the screen covered in black, my brain had refused to look away. 

It has become physically impossible to look away.

I don't want this. 

I sighed. Mental exhaustion was catching up to me. My eyes were started to sting as I forced them to stay open. There was no clock in this room but I'm guessing it's past midnight

"Kirigan" I whispered even though I knew he could not have heard he from this distance 

His movements halted. He lifted his head and looked around, then slowly turned around and gazed up to my window. Our eyes met. His mouth was moving but I couldn't hear anything, I was too busy admiring him under the moonlight. 

Was I like this before arriving here? So caught up with this man? I asked myself even though I knew the answer long before I even dared to ask.

Yes

Yes

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.