'REPRESENTATIVE UNIT' 1

The grounders' teamwork stage is precious as their time practiced together.

''everybody worked hard,'' Jay said successively, patting the members each back ''good work.''

they entered the main gate were, and as it turned around towards the Ground, they rested for a moment and were instructed to wait for the results.

Yuji sat on the floor fidgeting with her fingers nervously. She began to overthink for her future and also for Daniel. Jay sat close to her. Yuji heard him deeply sighed. She hesitantly reached for his hand and just caressed his back instead.

''The important thing is you did your best,'' she said softly ''I hope you can get in I-land.''

Daniel rushed to headlock her head when she saw her, ''gotcha'' making Jay grin for a second.

''How can you choke a girl?.... yah'' she responded, smacking his chest hard, falling to his knees. He hugged his stomach, lowering his head.

Yuji heard him winced in pain; that is why she immediately went to him, ''a-are you okay? I'm sorry if I hit you hard-'' Daniel suddenly laughed at her cute reaction towards him, making her glare.

Yuji paused for a moment then pushed him on his chest, making him stumble behind, ''your habit is,'' he commented while lying on the floor ''ahhhhh Yuji is hurting meeee'' he whined like a baby, Yuji ignored him, getting enough of his cringe tone, and it's making her vomit terribly.

Later on, the eliminated members from I-LAND headed towards the ground, and the grounders warmly welcomed them.

Yuji rushed to Sunoo and quickly hugged him. She tried her best not to rant about him getting eliminated when he had a good score. Instead, she just silently hugged him as he sobs, burying his face on her shoulders because she's a bit taller than him.

''WE'LL NOW ANNOUNCE THE GROUNDERS WHO'LL BE GOING TO I-LAND.''

four people were called to I-LAND, JAY, JAKE, YOUNGBIN, AND KYUNGMIN were chosen to go up I-LAND. Yuji smiled the entire announcement hiding her inner sadness. She regrets expecting too much.

''NOW, WE'LL REVEAL THE THIRD TEST FOR THE I-LAND AND GROUND''

They all went in front of the screen listening carefully for the next segment, she runs her fingers on her hair patiently looking at the screen. she was hoping for a better result this time.

''[REPRESENTATIVE UNIT]''

''what is that?''

''what is a representative unit?''

questions running in their mind the longer they stare at the screen.

''IN THIS TEST, I-LANDERS AND GROUNDERS WILL PICK REPRESENTATIVE TO DETERMINE THEIR FATE, IN A COMPETITION OF [DANCE] [VOCAL] SKILLS''

''Yuji, get it on!'' Daniel suddenly said, squeezing her shoulders from the back.

''THE NUMBER OF REPRESENTATIVES, 2 VOCALISTS AND A 4 DANCERS, THE REST OF THE MEMBERS WILL NOT BE PERFORMING ON STAGE''

she was snapped of it, they have to choose the best dancer and vocalist, even though I-LAND has the best vocalists and dancers, she did not hesitate to believe Grounders skills, as a part of the ground team, they can do this, they can finally enter I-LAND through here.

''THE TOTAL OF EACH SCORE WILL DETERMINE VICTORY OR DEFEAT IF THE GROUNDERS WIN SIX I-LANDERS WILL BE ELIMINATED IF THE I-LANDERS WIN NO ONE WILL BE ELIMINATED''

''we have to win this no matter what'' Sunoo said, ''we have to choose the best representatives''

''why this seems to be impossible I-landers have the best vocalists and even dancers-

'' it's I-land vs. ground, this is a real battle, guys''

''Ni-ki and Yuji should be our dancers'' Sunoo encourages ''at this rate, I am sure that we will all go to I-LAND'' he added, making Yuji smile.

''you should smile often hahahahaah'' Ta-ki teased in Japanese.

her smile faded when she realized that I-LANDERS has more people with better skills, her insecurity strikes up, not because she's female, but it seems like it's the problem she is competing with men, and she finds it hard to level them.

after a few hours later, the staff went to their room to announce something, ''PARTICIPANT YOONWOON IS NO LONGER JOINING THE SURVIVAL SHOW DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS.''

Yuji was startled to hear the sudden departure of yoonwoon. They barely talk to each other, but she wasn't expecting a participant to leave the show, she felt sad about it, they did not get a chance to say their goodbyes to him, he left before the announcement of people who went to I-LAND.

''YUJI YAMADA, YOU'RE UP TO I-LAND,'' the staff suddenly said. Everyone looked at her in surprise, including herself cannot believe what she heard.

''m-me?'' she asked again, trying to make sure if they really mean it. The staff nodded, the Grounders cheered her in the best possible way. Then, before getting her things, she gave each of the grounders a warm hug. After that, she stepped outside the room, heading towards I-LAND.

While walking alone, wherein her steps and the sound of crickets is the only thing she hears. She cannot help but think about her friends left in Ground, and she was likely attached to people from the ground. The more she gets close to them, the more she wants to cherish them.

She arrived at the I-LAND place quickly. She straightly went upstairs and met the I-Landers there having group chats. When suddenly Heesung rushed to hug her fom the back, her eyes widen when she felt his arms around her.

''I missed you.''

the other I-landers turn their gaze to her as soon as they heard heesung and went silent.

''h-hi?'' she softly said to them. they went noisy again and warmly welcomed her.

''Welcome back''

''it's been a while''

''you did great''

''Yuji... hwaiting''.