Chapter 3: I Had a Good Time Tonight

I just leaned back and relaxed on the passenger side as Leo cruised to our next destination. We were going to stroll along the beach at night, so that we could have more opportunities to talk. As soon as our feet hit the shadowed sand, I shivered at the sudden breeze. I wished I had worn something warmer. My eyes widened a bit when Leo pulled his sweater over his head, but then I saw he had a white t-shirt underneath.

"Here," he offered, slipping the fabric over my head before helping me with the sleeves. I was a blushing mess as I finally got the piece of clothing adjusted, it instantly preserving heat.

"Won't you be cold," I wondered.

"Nah, I'll be fine," he claimed, holding out his hand. I just stared at it as I panicked internally, since I was a major germaphobe. I wanted to hold it, but I was scared at the same time. I almost felt faint as my mind processed what my decision should be. Before I could do anything, Leo offered his elbow instead, which I was more comfortable holding on to. We strolled along the lapping waves, our shoes almost getting wet as they sunk into the soggy ground. I gripped his arm a bit tighter when some of the ocean actually did wash over my ankles, the salty liquid freezing. I became more nervous when I felt Leo's muscles tensing beneath my hand, now completely focused on how sexy he was.

"So, how long have you known Kate," he wondered.

"Not very long. We met a few months ago, but she's a great friend. What about you?" I had no idea how I was even speaking right now.

"First time was during our filming of Titanic. She didn't think I would like her at first." He lowly chuckled as I related to that a bit too well.

"When does your movie come out," I asked.

"December 19th," he effortlessly answered.

"I'll have to go see it." I held onto him a bit tighter again when I was hit with another shock of cold water.

"I don't normally do big scales movies like it, but I didn't want to discriminate from the great storyline. Plus, it was based a true story, which made it more intriguing yet tragic."

I gazed over at him as I admired how intelligent he was. He didn't even have to say much for it to radiate off him. "I wish I knew more about you, Pamela," he softly said, his low voice sending chills down my spine.

"I'm just not sure what to talk about. I'm sorry. I'm like this with strangers."

"Strangers?" He half smirked as he teased me a bit. "I didn't know strangers held on that tightly to each other."

"Oh, should I let go?" My face instantly flushed in embarrassment.

"No, I was just teasing you, Pamela," he confirmed, an amused smile painted across his lips.

"Oh. Sorry. Sometimes I don't catch on to jokes or sarcasm right away."

"That's alright. You shouldn't feel much pressure anyway. It's only a first date. They're always super awkward." He rubbed his chin before sniffing a bit loudly.

"But I'm always super awkward," I found myself saying. Why aren't you thinking about things more before you say them? He's going to eventually think you're really weird, if he doesn't already.

"You're perfectly fine just the way you are, Pamela. Trust me. I've only just met you, and I already want to keep getting to know you better." I wanted to melt into a puddle at his sweet words, actually chancing moving closer against his side. "I guess Kate knew what she was doing this time."

"She usually doesn't," I curiously questioned.

"Usually the girls she sets me up with are okay, but they're so surface level. You might be quiet, Pamela, but I have a feeling you have a lot more to say. I'm willing to be patient until you're ready to speak up."

"Really? Why? I've made a fool of myself all night." Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes as I feared all of the negative agreements he might tell me.

"Is that what you think?" He stopped walking as I did the same, releasing my arm, so he could turn and look directly into my eyes. I had to fight the impulse to study the sandy earth below, biting my lower lip a little out of a nervous habit. "Pamela, I've had a good time tonight. The only thing that bothers me is I'm not sure what you're thinking. Have you had a good time? And don't lie for my sake or Kate's or anyone else's. You can be blunt with me. I can take it."

I felt under pressure as his ocean eyes locked with mine, my heart rate accelerating. "I've had a good time too, but... Never mind." I abruptly turned as I avoided his line of sight at all costs.

"No, what is it," he gently asked, touching my arm extra delicately.

"You'll probably learn to hate me if you haven't already. I didn't want to say anything, but I really like you, and I think you should know that now. So, if you want to just call it a night and tell Kate we had a good time, then that's fine. We don't have to see each other ever again-"

"Pamela, did you hear what I just said?" I flinched when he placed his finger beneath my chin, hoping he wouldn't catch on to my weird quirks. He dropped his hand as I raised my head to let him know I did want to look at him, even if my face was crumpled and sad. "I had a good time tonight, okay? Stop being so hard on yourself. I like you, Pamela. No matter what you tell me, I want to get to know you better, and I like what I've seen so far."

"Okay," I whispered, forcing a smile as he went to caress my cheek. I naturally pulled back, but then I chanced moving closer again, allowing him to put his hand on it. I closed my eyes as I steadied my breathing, not even liking touching my own face, but I wanted to be okay with this. I really did like him.

"Can I kiss you," he checked. "I know it's the first date, but I would like to kiss you, Pamela."

I barely nodded as I sensed his hot breath on my lips, fighting every impulse to lean back. When he placed his free hand on my waist though I melted, allowing him to press his lips against mine. I didn't allow it to be anything more than a peck, but not on purpose. I had just never been kissed before, and feeling someone's squishy mouth on mine was a new experience, but his lips were soft and electrifying, and I opened my lips slightly before he could officially part. That's when he seized the opportunity to overlap his lip with mine, and I discovered all of my worries had vanished. I didn't care about germs or routines or anything, just the feeling he could bring. When he parted, I knew our kiss had been pretty short, my thoughts had just been racing at first.

"Was that terrible?" Pamela! Stop putting yourself in these embarrassing conversations! You don't ask a guy if you're terrible at kissing! Like get a grip on yourself.

"No," he lightly chuckled, cautiously pulling me in for a hug. I touched the nape of his neck as I stood on my tip toes, feeling the ends of his blonde hair just to see if they were as soft as they appeared. I was scared Leo would pull way quickly, but he started soothingly rubbing my back, and I think he could feel my body relaxing. He knew this was just what I needed, and it was the perfect end to our first date.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I didn't even plan for them to kiss, it just felt right for the scene. I don't plan most of this out. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3