Going back

Hope's POV
    I was in moms office, waiting for her. I walked around, and looked at the photos. There's one of me, and her, me and dad. None of us three together. Each time I bring it up, mom keeps saying that she's busy. Ugh. I know she wants to be with Dad. I have a plan to get them together, but I need my brothers help.

     My mom came in, and said, " Hope. What are you doing in here?"

  I said, " I wanted to ask you something."

  She sat at the desk, and said, " Hurry. I have some paperwork to do."

   I said, " Since, Summer is coming up. Could you and I take a trip to New Orleans?"

  She said, " Why?"

  I said, " It's been forever since you went there. You haven't been there since, I was born."

  She sighed and said, " I will think about it."

  I smiled, and left her office.

Caroline's POV
   Hope left my office. I sighed, it has been 15 years, since I've been back there. New Orleans will always be home, but I just don't want to face him.

  My phone rang, and it's Bekah. I answered it, and said, " What do I owe the pleasure, Beks?"

  Bekah said, " We need you back in New Orleans."

  I said, " Why?"

  She said, " There is a bunch of new vampires coming into town looking for the Original Hybrid."

  I said, " Get Nik to deal with them."

  She said, " Care, Nik hasn't been in New Orleans for a year."

  I said, " Hope went to Paris last Christmas, to be with her dad. She told me that he was going to go back to New Orleans."

  Bekah said, " He's not here. He won't answer my calls. Will you come back?"

  I said, " Bekah, I have responsibilities here at the school."

  She said, " You have responsibilities here in New Orleans. You told me not to convince you to come back, but this is important. You are the Queen of New Orleans, and Nik is the King. Elijah is on his second honeymoon with Kat. Kol is with Davina in the Bahamas. Stefan went to Mystic Falls to see Damon. Marcellus and I can't deal with these vampires, alone."

  I sighed, and said, " Fine. I will be on the first flight out tonight."

  She said, " Great. See you tonight."

   I hung up, and put my head in my hands. I opened the drawer on my desk, and pulled out the picture frame. It was Nik, and I in New Orleans. I put it back, and locked the drawer. It's filled with everything Nik had given me.

   I started finishing the paperwork on my desk. 

Hope's POV
    I walked into the cafeteria, and sat down, alone. None of the students like me, because I'm the mythical Tribrid freak show. I ate my food, and went outside, and walked around campus. I should be in class, but I don't feel like dealing with anyone right now.

    My phone rang, it read 'Auntie Beks.'  I answered it, and said, " Auntie Beks. Did it work?"

   She said, " Yep. Your mom will be on the first flight here tonight."

  I said, " Is dad there?"

  She said, " Yeah."

  I said, " Is he alright?"