Back at School

Hope's POV
   It's the end of summer. Mom, and I are going back to the school. School starts tomorrow. There's a new student that I have to show around.

  Mom has been having me show are the new students. The summer was amazing. We got to spend time as a whole family for once. Dad and Mom are way more friendlier now.

  Anyway, I woke up, and put on my ripped jeans, my black sequin tank top and my black heels. I went downstairs, and everyone is in the foyer. Our things are already in the car.

   I hugged everyone. Mom said, " Alright. Bye guys. Hope go wait in the car. I have to speak with your father."

  I nodded and went to the car.

Caroline's POV
   Hope went outside. Everyone else left. It was just Nik and I in the house. I said, " Nik, you should visit Hope. Im sure she would love to show you around the school. You never did get to see it."

  He said, " Are you sure this isn't a ploy, so you get to spend time with me?"

  I laughed and said, " Nope. I just think Hope, will enjoy seeing her father more."

  He smiled, and said, " I will have to see."

  He reached for my hand, and said, " Just know I want us to work."

I said, " I know, and I want that too. It's just.."

He said, " What is it, my love?"

  Hearing him say that just makes my heart melt. I said, " It's just I live in Mystic Falls, and you live here. New Orleans will always be my home, but I run a school full of supernatural kids, including our own. I started the school for Hope, and I can't just abandon the school."

  He said, " What If I move to Mystic Falls?"

  I said, " What?"

  He said, " I can move to Mystic Falls to be closer to you and Hope. We can make this work. I can always visit here. Elijah, Katerina, Rebekah, Stefan, Marcellus, Kol, Davina and father live here, so they can deal with the city."

  I said, " Nik, I can't just ask you to move. This is your home."

  He said, " True, but my true home is wherever you are."

  I couldn't take it anymore, being around him these past few months, has been hard. Seeing him again, talking, laughing with him, having fun with him, and raising our children together is hard. It's hard to try and not forgive him easily, even tho I know the truth.

  I kissed him. He was shocked, but then kissed me back. It was passionate, sweet, and fiery, at the same time.

   I heard a car horn, and I pulled away. I said, " That doesn't mean anything."

  He smirked and said, " I'm pretty sure it did. You want me just as bad as I want you, love. Just admit it."

  I said, " No. I have to go. Hope is waiting."

  He said, " Alright. Keep denying it."

  I rolled my eyes, and walked to the car. I got in, and sighed. Hope said, " What took so long?"

  I said, " I had to speak to your father about something improtant."

  I started driving to the tarmac. Hope said, " About what?"

  I said, " Adult stuff. You don't need to know."

  She rolled her eyes and huffed. She is just like her father.

Hope's POV
     We arrived at the tarmac, and got out of the car. We got on the jet, and mom went to talk to the pilot.

  Mom soon came back, and sat down.

  3 hours later, we landed. The whole plane ride, I couldn't help but think about what mom and dad could've been talking about.

  We got off the jet, and got in the car. Mom drove us into town, and up the long driveway to the school. The gates with the Mikaelson crest opened. We parked and got out of the car. I grabbed my suitcase, and carried it upstairs to my room.

   I sighed. Mom came in, and said, " Hope. I need to ask you something."

  I said, " What is it?"

  She said, " How would you feel if your father moved here?"

  I smiled, and said, " Really? Is this for real?"

  She said, " It's not definate. But he does want to be closer to you. I'm guessing by your reaction, you do want him to."

  I jumped up, and said, " Of course I do. We can be a family."

  She looked down, and I said, " You and dad aren't getting back together, are you?"

  She said, " I'm sorry, Hope. Your father and I have a lot of history together, but I don't know if I'm ready to trust him again."

  I said, " Alright."

  She said, " Come on. We are going to the grill. Bonnie, Elena, and Damon would love to see you."

  I smiled and said, " I can't wait to see them again."

  She smiled, and we went to the car. We got in, and she drove us to the grill. We sat down with Bonnie, Elena and Damon.

  We had dinner, and talked with them.

  Mom and I went back to the school, and I went to my room. I got a shower, and put on my pjs. I then laid down and went to sleep.