Family Day

Caroline's POV
The sun was coming up, and I went back to the house. I transformed back to my human form, and I put on the leggings, and the crop top. I went upstairs to my room, and got a shower. After my shower, I put on my shorts, and my red crop top, with my black leather jacket, and my black heels. I went downstairs, and made some eggs, and bacon.

When I finished making breakfast, I went upstairs to Hope's room. I opened the door, and seen she was still asleep. I walked over to the curtains, and opened them. The sun shined through, and Hope groaned.

I said, " Get up. Breakfast is downstairs. You have ten minutes."

I went downstairs, and poured myself some coffee.

Hope's POV
I groaned, and mom left my room. Why can't I sleep in?! Ugh. I got up, and put on my black leather jacket, with my shorts, my red tank top, and my black flats. I went downstairs to the kitchen, and sat down. I ate my breakfast.

   Mom said, " You're dad, and brother are coming over, in a little bit."

  I said, " Really?"

  She nodded. I smiled, and finished my breakfast. My phone buzzed, and it's a text from Marcy, I called him that when I was younger.

  M- Dad and I are comin over. Plan is still in motion

H- Mom found out yesterday. Her and dad know we are trying to set them up.

M- Really? How did they figure it out?

H- Maybe the fact that neither of us was trying to hide it, and we had our aunts and uncles helping us. I'm still hoping that they get together on their own.

M- Your right.

   I put my phone in my pocket, and mom said, " Who was that?"

  I said, " Marcel."

  She nodded, and said, " You and your brother better not try anything. You and I are heading back home tomorrow."

  I said, " Why?!"

  She said, " Because there is no real problem here."

  I said, " I want to stay."

  She said, " You don't have a choice, Hope. I'm your mother, and we are leaving tomorrow. This trip was just a ploy for you to get me and your dad together."

  Someone said, " What's this about leaving?"

  We turned towards the doorway of the kitchen, and there was Dad, and Marcel. I said, " Mom is making me leave tomorrow. We are going back to boring falls."

  Mom said, " It's not boring. You are going back home with me tomorrow."

  I said, " But, this is our home. New Orleans is our home."

  Mom said, " Not anymore."

  Dad said, " Caroline, can I speak with you?"

  Mom nodded, and they went to the parlor. Marcel and I sat down.

Caroline's POV
    Nik, and I went to the parlor to talk. Nik said, " Caroline, let Hope stay here."

  I said, " No. That's not the agreement. She stays with you during summer, and winter vacation. We split the holidays."

  He said, " Summer is almost here. You go back to the school, and Hope can stay with me. School is almost out."

  I said, " I guess."

  He said, " Or you can both stay here."

I said, " Why would I want to do that? I have work to do at the school."

  He said, " Enough with the excuses. Why don't you really want to stay here?"

  I said, " There is no reason why I don't want to stay here."

  He smirked and said, " Caroline, I know when you are lying. I could always read you like an open book. Why?"

   I looked down, and he put his hand on my chin, and lifted it. I still wouldn't meet his deep ocean blue eyes, that I still get lost in. Ugh.

  I said, " The reason I left was because of you. I couldn't bare to see your face after what happened. This city is just a reminder of it."

  He said, " Caroline, I didn't mean for anything to happen."

I said, " Then why were you with that girl?!"

He said, " Nothing happened between that girl, and I. We just talked, and hit it off."

I said, " You don't hit it off with anyone, Nik. That's the problem. You were never like that with random girls."

He said, " You want to know what really happened. Let me show you."

He put his hand on my shoulder, and I was being pulled into a memory. His memory.

Nik, and the girl were sitting at the booth in the bar. The girl leaned in, and Nik said, " I'm married, love."

The girl back up, and said, " It doesn't seem like it."

Nik said, " I'm married, and is expecting a child. This is nothing but you keeping me company."

The girl said, " Alright. Then let's talk."

I then realized Nik was compelling the girl. He compelled her to keep him company, and she was telling jokes, to make him laugh.

We were back in the parlor. I said, " Nik, why didn't you show me before?"

He said, " You are stubborn, and wouldn't let me speak to you about it. I hurt you, and I didn't even want to see that hurt look on your face. I'm truly sorry, love."

I said, " Why did you stay out every night?"

He said, " I was afraid of being a horrible father. I didn't think I would be a good father. Then I realized that while I was away, I was being a horrible husband, leaving his pregnant wife at night."

He leaned in, and was about to kiss me. I turned my head, so he kissed my cheek. I said, " Nik, i don't want to be together with you, yet. I just need time."

He said, " Alright. I will wait. However long it takes. So. Will you stay?"

I sighed, and said, " Sure."

He smiled, and we went to the living room, where Marcellus, and Hope were. Hope said, " I will go pack my things."

I said, " Hope. No need. You and I will stay here until school starts back up."

Hope jumped up, and hugged me. She said, " Yes. Thank you. Thank you!"

I laughed, and Hope hugged Nik.

We spent the day together as a family. All four of us. We talked, and played some games outside. It was a fun day.

Hope's POV
It's nighttime, now. Dad, and Marcy already left. I went upstairs to my room. I got a shower, then put on my pjs. I laid in bed, and mom came in. She walked over to me, and said, " Goodnight, sweetheart."

I said, " Goodnight, mom."

She kissed my head, and turned off the light. She left my room. I sighed, remembering what happened today. I never seen Mom smile that much. Her and Dad seemed more friendly, than usual. I'm glad. I soon fell asleep.