You and Her

"Sulking in the corner isn't going to fix anything, you know," the dreadlocked man said with his eyebrows perked up and a smirk tugging his lips."In fact it's just going to make you feel worse, so come back downstairs and party. You're supposed to have fun at a party after all."

The girl with the baseball cap and dark curls buried her head deeper in her knees. She couldn't go back downstairs and watch. Watch the girl her heart beat for be intimate and close with someone else. What hurt most of all was that there wasn't a single thing she could do to change anything. Violet and Minerva were happy together, and Clementine would never in a million years do something to take away Violet's happiness, even if it would make herself happier.

"I can't, Lou. I can't go back down there and watch her be in love with someone else. It hurts too damn much," Clementine responded weakly. She lifted her head to finally meet with Louis' compassionate eyes.

He sat on the bed next to her, placing his hand firmly on the girl's shoulder. Clementine appreciated the kind gesture. "I know, Clem. But everyone misses you down there, including myself. And.. Violet misses you, too. She cares about yo-"

The brunette dipped her head back down. Her crestfallen expression told Lou that there was no way in hell Clementine was leaving the upstairs bedroom. "Not in the way I want her to!" Clem interrupted with pain lacing her voice. "I'm sorry, Lou, but I don't know what to do. Every time I'm around her I tense up, and the only thing I can think is that I'll never be with her. I don't know how to fall out of love for her. I've tried dammit! I've tried so hard to lose my feelings, but I can't. She's just," the girl paused for a moment. "She's perfect to me."

Louis was at a loss for words for his friend. He opened his mouth to get something out, but another person beat him to it. "Louis?" Violet's voice yelled from out the hallway and down the stairs.

"Uh, yeah, Vi?"

"You mind if I come up?"

Louis' eyes shot open and he stood up, pressing himself hard against the door. "No, don't! I'm- I'm naked! I'll be right down!"

Clementine couldn't help but chuckle a little at the boy's comment. "Naked?" she repeated with a small smile.

Louis scratched the back of his head and painted a cheesy grin on his face. "Believe me, that's probably the only reason that will get her to stay down. I'm going to head back down to the party though. Are you sure I can't change your mind about joining me?"

Clementine pondered it for a second, but it was futile. "I'm sure. Go have fun." She gave a small nod to the boy as he headed out.

The dreadlocked man descended down the stairs, meeting the blonde at the very bottom. She had her arms crossed and an eyebrow cocked. "Naked, huh?"

Louis grinned and replied, "I know, everyone wishes they could see."

Violet rolled her eyes. She knew Clementine was up there, but she wanted to know why. Lately it seemed the girl was distancing herself from her, and that pain killed Violet because she missed her best friend. It's like things weren't the same between them anymore, and nothing was going to stop the blonde from finding out why. "I'm going to talk to her," she stated as she attempted to move past Lou.

Louis quickly threw his arm out in front to halt his friend. "Sorry, but I don't think I can allow that. She just wants to be alone right now."

"She always wants to be alone. Something's up with her, and I'm going to figure out what it is."

Louis sighed, knowing damn well Violet would get past him one way or another. He decided to take the easy route. "Fine, fine," he uttered while putting his hands up in defeat. "Just.. be ready for an awkward, difficult conversation. If you need me, I'll be on the dance floor," he ended with a wink.