To the End

"Fuck!" Violet yells as she feels rotten teeth sink into her skin. Blood trickles out and stains the area on her arm with a crimson red hue. Hastily she yanks her arm away and kicks the walker in the legs (courtesy to her girlfriend's tactic) and stabs it in the head with her cleaver as it falls to the ground.

Hesitantly she swallows and impels herself to examine her arm. If the agonizing pain and sting didn't give it away, her eyes being drawn to the lethal bite mark told her that her time was now on a clock. She didn't know how long, but she knew eventually the toxins would reach her brain and turn her into a walker. "God dammit!" she says in anger and fear. "What the fuck am I gonna do?"

No one else is around to console the sorrowful blonde. Clementine was back at the school with Louis, Aasim, and Mitch setting up traps and defenses for Ericson. Brody and Ruby were fishing, and Willy, Omar, Tenn, AJ, and Marlon were all doing their own thing at the school.

Violet had come out alone to scavenge for extra food for tonight, except she was coming home with more than food today. How was she going to tell everyone? Especially Clementine and Louis. They'd be the most heartbroken of all.

I should have been more careful. Clem's always telling me to be and now I've let her down, Violet thinks to herself as she begins to trudge back home, holding her arm tightly. I've let everyone down. Fuck... how the hell am I going to tell them?

As afraid as she is, Violet is far more scared to face her girlfriend. The two have been happy together for so long, and now the blonde has to completely destroy her other half. She curses herself again for not being more vigilant and feels her heart beat with more pain each step of the way.

~~~

"It doesn't hurt as much as it did but, fuck, we all know how this goes," Violet states with her head hung low to the group. Everyone's standing around, unsure of how to handle the newly received information and sharing the same scared, doleful expression.

Clementine's hands begin to shake as she reaches over her mouth to cover it. Her watery eyes meet with Violet's, and it's not long before there are tears rolling down her face and onto the ground. She knew Violet shouldn't have left earlier. She should have fought harder for her to stay.

"Vi, no!" the brunette thrashes out in utter fear. With no time to waste she throws herself around the blonde and holds her tightly, accidentally wiping her tears in her girlfriend's shirt. "Not you, too! I- I shouldn't have let you gone alone. This can't be happening, this can't be happening. I don't want to lose you, Violet. I love you so much," she breathes out shakily.

"I-I know, Clem," the blonde responds while tears burn her eyes. "I love you, too."

The two embrace in silence for a moment, with the other kids crying or grieving quietly in the background. Louis finally lets the words sink in, and he too begins to bawl. Violet unhooks from her girlfriend's arms to console the broken boy. "Lou..."

"No! This is fucking bullshit, Vi! This shouldn't have happened to you! What am I.. what am I going to do without you?" he screams hopelessly at the girl.

"Look I lost focus for one second and before I knew it the fucker was on my arm. Even if, I'm not able to make it," Violet begins to say in a weak attempt to calm her best friend, "you have everyone else here-"

Clementine suddenly perks up and grasps Vi's attention again. "Wait? Did you say you got bit on your arm?"

The blonde plasters a look of puzzlement. "Yeah?"

Before anyone can figure out what the brunette is trying to say, Clementine's not reluctant to order the kids around. "Ruby - you grab bandages, hydrogen peroxide, anything we can use medically. Louis and Aasim - clear a room we can use. We need some space. And Violet, we'll need your meat cleaver."