Strings of Your Heart II

TWO WEEKS LATER

"You've seriously never been ice skating before?" Violet questioned to her new girlfriend as they held hands and walked inside the ice rink.

"I never found the time to. You know, I got this whole music thing going, and when I'm not doing that I'm busy doing other things."

"Doing other things, huh?"

Clementine playfully rolled her eyes at the blonde and laughed. They sat down on the benches to put on their skates, and since they were the only ones there, Violet could bust out laughing when Clementine fell on her ass. "Yeah. Except now when I'm not doing music I'll be busy doing you."

The brunette's face immediately turned to a red hue as she became aware of her words. With gaped eyes, she stated in a panic, "shit! I- that's not how it was supposed to sound! I just meant I'd be busy doing things with you you know?"

Violet laughed softly as she finished putting on her skates. "It's amazing seeing how different you act when we're alone." Noticing the brunette's perplexed look, Violet continued to explain. "You used to always appear so, confident and assertive, but now you're all nervous and careful around me. And before you say anything, I think it's cute."

"I am not!" Clementine interjected at her girlfriend. She stood up, ready to move on to the ice.

Violet joined her, but before they walked out on the ice together, she leaned in close and whispered into Clem's ear. "Besides, what you said isn't necessarily wrong."

The brunette stopped walking and stared at her girlfriend with her jaw slightly ajar. Violet smirked and hopped in the rink, skating in circles on the frozen ice. "You coming or what?"

"Uh, you're supposed to teach me how to do this, remember?"

The blonde skated closer to her girlfriend and grabbed ahold of her hand tenaciously. She wrapped her arm around the girl's waist, pulling her with her very slowly. "Don't let go of me, okay?" Clementine begged with soft eyes.

Despite wanting to see the brunette fall so she could at least mock her once, Violet agreed and kept Clementine close to her as they went. The two started off very slow so Clem could get used to the feeling, and eventually she was able to balance pretty well.

"So," Clementine uttered, the fixating her amber eyes onto Violet. "What got you so into hockey?"

Violet turned her focus away from in front of them and into her girlfriend's radiating irises, still clutching onto her tightly so she could easily catch her girl if she slipped. "Honestly just slapping the shit out of a puck sounded fun enough, so I went with hockey. I've been playing ever since I was eleven."

"Damn, so you're like a pro then, huh?"

Violet smiled warmly, quickly averting her eyes back to the front. "I'm not too bad. You should come to one of my games sometime. I'd really like to have you there."

"Well of course I will? I want to see my girl kick some hockey ass!"

The blonde's heart melted with pure ecstasy from Clementine's words. She never thought she'd get to feel these things, at least not anytime soon, but now she was grateful she met Brody all those years ago.

"Okay," she muttered, "I think it's time you try to skate on your own."

"Are you sure?" Clementine questioned, clutching onto her girlfriend harder. "I think we're fine doing just this."

"Fine. Have it your way." Violet let go of the brunette and gave her the slightest nudge to boost her. To her surprise, Clem managed to keep steady and skate ahead, even doing a pretty fast U-turn.