A Familiar Face

This was an idea given to me by @razoogmrr. It's not a definite ending for my book 'This Connection We Share', but more so just a possible outcome of what could have happened. Nonetheless, enjoy!

———

~THREE MONTHS AFTER GRADUATION~

"Pretty sure this is the last box," Clementine stated as she walked through the door of her and Vi's new apartment. She carried the box labeled clothes to their bedroom and set it on top of the queen-sized bed. The apartment itself couldn't have been more of a perfect find for the girls; the windows let in a great amount of light to fill the spacious living room, the place had two bathrooms and one bedroom, and to top it all off it was located near both of their jobs.

Violet appeared in the doorframe and smiled brightly at the brunette, shortly waltzing her way toward the girl and wrapping an arm around her waist. "I finished unpacking the boxes in the kitchen. Do you need any help in here?" Violet asked.

While cutting the box open with a knife, Clementine replied, "it's just hanging clothes in the closet. Shouldn't take long at all." She turned her head to face her girlfriend, studying the blonde's green eyes that she constantly found herself lost in all those months back. "Thank you for offering though," Clem remarked as she planted a quick but soft kiss on Violet's lips.

"Of course." Violet wandered over to the other side of the bed and looked outside the window, captivated by the view of the entire city. "One perk of living on the third to highest floor is getting to wake up to this every morning."

"Yeah the view is great. We really struck gold with this place," the brunette responded as she lifted her head up. Once she finished staring at the back of Violet's head for a little longer than intended, she glanced back down at the box. She stopped taking clothes out for a second before making the decision to close the box and set it on the ground. "You know I can finish unpacking later. I'd rather spend the rest of my day with you," Clementine sweetly informed.

Her girlfriend turned around and smiled. "Sounds good to me. What do you want to do?"

"How does going for a walk sound? Get a feel of the city."

Violet nodded and reached her hand out and waited for Clementine to take it. When the girl did, she led her outside their bedroom and to the coat rack that sat right next to the apartment door. "Here, it's a little chilly outside," the blonde said as she grabbed Clementine's coat off the rack and handed it to her.

"You're too good for me, Vi," Clementine said with a chuckle as she put the jacket on.

"Clem I just gave you your jacket," Violet teased, opening the door for them both. She once again took ahold of her girlfriend's hand and intertwined their fingers together.

"It's the little things that matter to me," Clementine responded with a warm smile. Violet playfully shook her head and together they walked down the hall and ventured outside.

~~~

Outside in the brisk air, birds chirped and the sun shined down on Violet and Clementine as they walked through the park hand in hand. A few feet ahead of them sat a fountain that magically trickled water down the sides. "Hey, we should make a wish," Clementine uttered as they approached the fountain.

"I think I've got a quarter on me," Violet added while shuffling around in her pocket. She found the coin and reeled it out, handing it to her girlfriend. "Wanna do the honors?"

"Gladly."

The brunette ruminated about her wish for a moment until ultimately the right one popped into her head. She flipped the coin off her finger with haste and watched as it splashed into the water.