Chapter 3: Be Careful, Tine🔥

No wait.. still too long. I'll call you Wat"

Tine's POV

When the movie got over, the ghost got up, walked towards the bedroom, and seemingly disappeared inside.

"Oh are you done haunting for today? Well, have a good night then. I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

I sat right there in the living room finally opening up my own TV and watching an actual real movie this time. It was a bit nerve-wrecking when I first spotted the ghost, but honestly, he seemed harmless and honestly, very good looking. I have no idea why the other tenants left the house all scared. I wouldn't mind coming back to this view every day. I wouldn't mind coming back to him everyday, even if he didn't know I exist.

It was little after midnight when I closed the TV and went to my bedroom and that's when I got the shock of my life-- The ghost was still in my house, sleeping in my own bed.

"Really Wat, really? Ghosts dont need to sleep, you know? I was so excited about finally being able to sleep on a double bed all alone. God, why is this happening to me?"

Like always, the ghost didn't respond. He only moved a little in bed, turned to the other side and went back to sleep.

I sighed.

"And the left side is supposed to be mine! I mean, I could sleep on the left side and I would go right through you, but its still weird. I don't want to sleep over a ghost."

I don't know why I actually waited for this ghost called Sarawat to reply, but the only thing I ended up hearing were the ghost's snores.

"Fine, I guess I will just take the right side."

I lied down on the right side of the bed with the Sarawat's back towards me. Like an instinct, I extended my arm hoping I could touch him this time, but my hand went right through him again and he just kept sleeping.

Disappointed, I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep almost right away because of how tired I was after the long day.

But to my surprise again, when I opened my eyes in the morning, the ghost was already gone. The left side of my bed was completely empty. I should have felt happy, but instead I felt lonely.

"Huh, weird. He really just disappeared like that. May be the legend was true after all — ghosts really do haunt you in the night only."

/

/

/

/

/

"So there is really no ghost in your apartment? You didn't see anything?" asked Fong when we were sitting in the college cafeteria after back to back classes.

He was almost convinced that my apartment was haunted, and well — he was right. But I wasn't going to tell him that just yet. If he would most definitely force me to leave the apartment, and there was no way I was leaving. I didn't want to leave.

I was living in an amazing apartment that I could never otherwise afford with a hot ghost. Why would I ever want to leave?

"No Fong. There was really no ghost."

"Thats.. weird. I mean, so many people before you left the apartment. It was so bad that you got a 80% discount. There had to be a ghost for so many people to just leave like that."

"Umm.. I don't know may be they were all crazy or may be the ghost got bored or stopped haunting."

"Yeah, may be. You know people say, ghosts stay here instead of passing onto after-life when they have some unfinished business here"