Chapter 4: I am not a ghost, Tine

"Tine are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere?"

Tine's POV

And just like that, the ghost that had been roaming in my apartment, ignoring me, for several weeks, was now looking directly at me and touching me. The ghost that I thought couldn't even see me was now looking right into my eyes and calling out my name.

What the hell just happened? Is the ghost finally out to get me?

Startled, I put my hand on my mouth, quickly got up, and moved to the other side of the room. Holding on to the towel around my waist for dear life.

"You..you.. you are a ghost. How can you see me? How did you touch me? You shouldn't be able to touch me. How do you.. how do you even know my name?" I crossed my hands over my chest to protect myself. "OH MY GOD, are you here to snatch my soul and take my body?"

The ghost laughed out loud. It was an evil laugh, it was just a cute laugh. May be that was his thing — He used his cuteness to get to me and like a complete idiot, I feel for it. But when I looked at him again, I finally registered, he wasn't wearing any clothes at all. There were droplets of water over his chest and I was just too scared to look anymore below that. Not scared of the ghost, but scared of what I would do if I dropped my eyes even lower.

"First of all, I am not a ghost, Tine." Sarawat's voice finally brought me back from my thoughts and I couldn't be more thankful. "And what's with this snatching of souls? You have been watching too many movies."

"Well its hard to believe a guy who ignored me for a week, behaved like a ghost, and is now standing in my living room with no clothes at all!" I yelled out from the other end of the room.

Sarawat grinned, looking down. "Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. Give me a second." He turned towards the bathroom, and came back with a towel wrapped around his waist. "I am sorry, I rushed out of the shower because I saw you falling and forgot that I wasn't wearing anything. But didn't you say I shouldn't hide my 'amazing body' and not wear pajamas and shirts." He was smiling smugly and if he wasn't a ghost or looking that hot in just a towel, I would have punched him out of my house in an instant

And that damn towel that wasn't working at all. NO TINE, NO! He is a ghost out to get you. You cannot be lusting over a ghost.

"Tine? Are you okay? You didn't hurt your head, did you?"

"How did you touch me? How do you know my name? Could you hear me all along and you chose to ignore me because you were planning something.

"Tine.." Sarawat moved walked closer to me, but I yelled back.

"No, don't you dare come any closer to me. Talk to me from a distance."

Sarawat sighed and stopped where he was. "Fine. Tine, listen to me carefully — I am not a ghost. My name is Sarawat Guntithanon and I live in the same apartment as you, but the world where I live in, the year is 2020. It's January 2020."

I was even more confused at this point. I could believe in ghosts, but time travel was too vague of a concept to ever believe in.

"What kind of a stupid joke is this? If you are a ghost, just say you are a ghost. If you are a sex-crazed creature, just accept it. Why are you so ashamed of your identity?"

Sarawat laughed again. I swear if he wasn't a weird creature or a ghost, I would have kissed him at that moment.

"I am really not a ghost Tine. And don't look at me with that cute face, it makes me want to kiss you."

What the hell? Is he an actual ghost who can read minds?

"It—it doesn't make sense. No one can see you. and people who lived here before saw a ghost roaming around."