Chapter Five

Cleo

It felt incredible to be running in my fox form again and River couldn't agree more.

After crossing the river Landon had told us to shift back but River ignored him, refusing to let me take back control. She had been wanting to run every since the spell was broken and now that she'd shifted she wasn't shifting back anytime soon.

Instead of shifting back River took off into the forest.

'Autumn stop.' Landon's voice floats through my mind. I turn to check quickly behind me.
Sure enough the giant white wolf was close behind me.

While I may be faster than him, he's double my size and easily catching up to me.

River pushed harder, moving her legs as fast as possible.

Until Landon jumps her, ending her run.

Landon uses his weight to force me down onto the ground under him.

'I'm sorry I wanted to run.' I reach out to the massive wolf holding me captive.

'Shift.' Is all Landon says before climbing off of me and shifting back himself.

River gives me back control and I find myself back in human form.

Landon's eyes are intense as he looks up and down my body, reminding me of my lack of clothing and I try to cover myself as best I can before I look down at the ground to hide my blush.

Making Landon chuckle.

I don't look up as I hear him approach, until I feel his hand cup my chin, tilting my head up to his. His other hand reaches for my hands. Uncovering my body.

"Don't ever hide your face or your body from me." He growls into my ear.

He nips at my earlobe and than turns and starts walking away.

Dazed I just stare after him, with everything he'd said earlier I'd figured I'd get more than just a nip on the ear and a warning...

Landon stops and turns back towards me. "Come on, we have to go back to get your brother now." He says and turns back around, continuing on his way.

I sigh and follow after him.

✨✨✨

River had took us further than I thought, so it took us a bit to get back to the river where Caleb was waiting with our clothes.

"Have a good run?" Caleb asks as he tosses my shirt and pants to me and quickly put them on.

I glance over at Landon who's finishing sliding on his pants. "It was good." I tell my brother.

"Come on this way, we still have another hour walk back to my place." Landon pauses as he steps closer to me. "Your new home." He says holding out a hand for me to take.

I slide my small hand into his much larger one. 

With a smile he turns to head into the forest, pulling me with him. Caleb easily falls into step on my other side.

Oops... I Marked You जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें