Chapter Eight

Landon

I look outside the window to my back yard, taking in the 500 wolf shifters gathered to hear my announcement. I've never had a problem with my handling all of my pack but I was nervous today.

The last three days have passed by to quick for my liking, making preparations for today had kept all of us pretty busy.

Johnny had informed my uncle that we had a fox shifter here and that I had also met my mate. We requested his attendance in announcing the new Luna before my uncle could meet the fox shifter.

What if the pack sided with my uncle when I introduce her, I worried.

Both Johnny and I had sat down with our most loyal warriors before the ceremony, saying there may be some problems and their number one concern is to protect their Luna if a fight breaks out, no matter what.

Just like Johnny all of my men swore they would protect her with their life.

I hope they would.

'Trust our pack, they will love their Luna. Look at Johnny and Laura' Solis reminds me of this afternoon. When Cleo and I had finally gotten out of bed we'd found Johnny's mate, Laura waiting with a bunch of bags and boxes.

Of course Johnny had told her, I couldn't blame him, I would have a hard time keeping something hidden from my mate. Laura had shown up with some old clothes she didn't want along, guessing at sizes from Johnny's description.

Laura had immediately grabbed Cleo and dragged her back upstairs to get dressed. Ordering Johnny to bring up food when Cleo protested from hunger.

The two woman have been up there since than.

I chuckle at the memory, my eyes flickering back up to the top of the stairs. 'Almost ready?' I mind-link my fox, hoping I don't have to wait much longer. I can sense the wolves outside getting antsy.

I get a response but instead of reaching out with her mind, I hear the sounds of two pairs of heels.

The first to appear is Laura. I pay her little attention, waiting for my little mates familiar face to follow hers.

I didn't have to wait long.

My jaw drops as I let out the breath I'd been holding in as Cleo steps into my eye sight. She's wearing a long white dress that hugs her body perfectly, there's a slit at the side that starts  at her hips, allowing a hint of a view of those slender legs under the fabric.

The wildfire that is her hair flows around her body. It shimmers in the moonlight.

She glides down the stairs towards me.

I can't believe she's my mate, as soon as she's close enough I'm pulling her against my body, crashing my lips down against hers.

"Alpha." Johnny calls to me, pulling me from the trance Cleo had put me in.

I pull away from her, wrapping my arm around her neck waist and tucking her into my side as I faced my beta.

"Everyone's ready." Johnny says with a bow of his head. I nod and turn back to my little fox as Johnny and a Laura head outside.