Chapter Fifteen

Cleo

I wake up to an annoying beeping sound.

I try to move my arm to locate and turn of the noise, but my arm feels incredibly heavy.

I sniff at the air, everything smells so clean.

Where am I? I wonder, the last thing I remember is... Landon.

He'd saved me.

Suddenly his scent fills the room. I slowly open my eyes, letting them adjust to the bright hospital lights.

Landon's standing at my side, holding my hand in both of his as he smiles down at me. "Your awake." He says, leaning over to kiss my forehead.

"What happened?" I try to put my memories in order but everything so jumbled, the only thing I remember is Landon showing up... and a bear.

"Talia was a spy for Zeus. Don't worry she's no longer a problem, Tanner saw to that."

"Zeus?"

Landon shakes his head. "He escaped again."

I let out a groan as I attempt to sit up. With Landon's help I succeed.

"How long have I been out?"

"A week."

"Did the bear shifter get away?"

"Yes, he's been coming to check on you everyday. Most of his wounds have seemed to heal."

I let out a gasp as my hands travel to my stomach. I'm scared to ask, Landon's hand slips over mine. "Our pup is okay. River protected it."

River. I hadn't even thought about how she'd disappeared.

'I just went into hiding for a bit.' River nuzzles my mind.

There's a knock at the door and three people walk into the room. Someone I'm assuming is the doctor because of his white lab coat, Caleb is following close behind, the bear man takes up the rear.

Landon stays by my side as the three new shifters surround my hospital bed.

"Thank god your ok." Caleb grabs me into a big brotherly hug.

I laugh as he lets go, stepping back as the doctor takes his place.

"How are you feeling Luna?" The doctor asks me, pulling a pen light out and shining it in my eyes.

He seems satisfied with what he see's putting the light back in his pocket.

"My head's a little groggy and my body feels sore all over."

Landon's grip on my hand tightens.

"You'll probably feel groggy for a few days. I'm going to let you go home now that your awake, I suggest staying in bed a couple more days than start adding a few activities in as you feel up to it."

The doctor turns to Landon, bowing his head. "If you need anything Royal Alpha just call and I'll come to your place." And with that he walks out of the room.