Chapter Six

Landon

Solis lets out a long growl as we run through the woods in our wolf form towards the pack house. I'd told my beta that I was home and to not disturb me until tomorrow but apparently there was an emergency.

Now that I'm back on pack lands I can't have my beta doing my Alpha duties. Especially since I still hadn't told Johnny about meeting my mate, or that she was a fox, oh and same with her brother.

It doesn't take me long to get from my home to the pack housing area. I walk up to the largest one out of the five buildings and walk inside.

Hopefully not too many people are awake.

I was rewarded to find the house mostly silent, the only sound coming from upstairs.

I follow the sound, going all the way up to the fifth floor where my pack house office was.

Sure enough Johnny is sitting at a chair in front of my desk inside.

"This better be important?" I try to keep the grumble out of my voice but fail as I walk around him and my desk and sit in my chair.

"Someone in a bad mood?" Johnny ignores my question, instead commenting on my mood.

Johnny and I grew up together and were close. He was like a brother to me. While sometimes he'd ignore or pull stunts he was still an excellent beta so I let the little things go.

But not today, I hadn't wanted to leave my mates side in the first place.

"I'm tired and would much rather be at home right now than here so spit it out." I glare at him.

Johnny looks surprised but quickly masks it. "Okay the reason I called you was because I got a very unusual call... someone saw a fox on our land."

That instantly gets my attention. I try to maintain a neutral expression. "A fox on our land? Where and when?"

Johnny nods. "Out by the west border about an hour ago. I sent the scouts to the area to find and track the scent."

'No, Autumn!' Solis cries out.

"Call off the scouts!" I roar as I jump out of my chair.

I don't wait for him to respond, instead I'm racing out the door shifting back into wolf form the second I reach the outside.

'Everyone back to your posts NOW!!!!' I mind link the scouts on duty and push the Alpha command into every word.

I can feel confusion coming from the three men but they do as they were commanded.

'Alpha, is everything ok?' Johnny asks.

'Get to my house.' I tell him. I'd wanted to wait to share my females secret but for safety reasons I think it's best Johnny knows now. I'll tell the pack later.

Solis pushes hard to get back to our mate, not stopping for anything.

I shift back into human still running at full spee as I enter the clearing, rushing into the house. I quickly reach the room where I'd left Autumn.